AlienBees set up for glamour photography? - Page 6
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007   #51
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 4385
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: AlienBees set up for glamour photography?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK
Looking at the speed ring I'm not sure any grid can be used when a softbox or such is used.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

The Grids ( I think it was Don) was talking about are ones that fit on the front of the box http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...16&Q=&O=NavBar

I don't think yo can add these to the ab boxes
grsphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #52
Llama

CamelKarma: 12115
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: AlienBees set up for glamour photography?

See, I was confused.

The AB softbox does not take modifiers and that is a limitation. Its a good value though and buying an AB softbox gets one the speed ring needed for any other softbox. The times I've used my AB large softbox I've been happy. In fact, here is a photo taken with it. One B800 with large softbox and a large reflector on the other side to kick light in to shadows. Even if I owned a B400 (which I had already sold), I could not have used it in the space. This was an apartment club house that was full of people, including little kids playing.

TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: