I need lighting advice! - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007   #11
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 965208
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: I need lighting advice!

"I now use my high key area for swimsuits. I place sea shells on the floor and a big beach umbrella behind the subject. It looks like white sand with a south facing white sky behind the subject."

I dug that file out and posted it below.

Benji
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LoriBeach.jpg (99.2 KB, 288 views)
In the end, people appreciate frankness more than flattery. Prov 28:23
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #12
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First

Just a thought here. I agree with the lighting issues. What I dont really care for is the reed wall. I think it would look better to get some actual plants and set them into the sand, possibly Making the sand go up toward the wall emulating a dune with plants growing out of it. Perhaps paint the back wall a sea blue color so it peeks through the reeds of the plantings and removing the reed wall altogether. Going for a look of a secluded spot on a sand dune. If you think this might work then you will probably be better with some drift wood pieces instead of the shells.
gateruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #13
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 30
Editing OK?: No

Try not to use sand or gravel in your studio's. I did some of that ten or more years ago for some commercial furniture shots and even though we swept, sucked, mopped I still to this day think I find sand residue and an occassional piece of gravel. That is also putting that plastic down to make clean-up easier. However it's your choice, in mid-winter it's a lot easier to do that than try to go on location when it's below freezing! lol
Old 02-08-2007   #14
Perma-Newbie

CamelKarma: 818
Editing OK?: Yes

Thank you all for the advice!!!

------------------------
Atlanta, GA
DanielHice is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: