Xray
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2007   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 19805
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Xray

My daughter makes a lot of scrapbooks and her son asked if he could make one, too. He decided to do an alphabet book and sat down and decided what would go on each letter's page. We did not have anything in stock for X so this was shot for the project. The xray was clipped to a lampshade and the lightbulb was replaced by an old screw base Sprialite strobe with optical tripper.
Suggestions?

dougsmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 661924
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Xray

I think you did a fine job. Everything is well lit; both your son and the X-ray. I don't think you could have done as well even if you had an X-ray veiw box at your disposal.

P.S. What you have labeled "hip" is actually the pelvis. The hip is a bit further down, where the femur (upper leg bone) joins the pelvis.

Cheers/Mike
Old 01-23-2007   #3
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Xray

Wow you learn something new on this forum every day - all I know is that the leg bone's connected to the knee bone, the knee bone's connected to the*thigh bone etc etc* .

A very cool shot. Maybe a little over sharpened for web, and really well lit. *Makes for an interesting conversation piece in the family album .

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: