Sedona AZ different view of The Red Rock Chapel...
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009   #1
Dromedary

Location: Travelin' the US in Motorhome, Shooting pictures and Painting.
CamelKarma: 3315
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Sedona AZ different view of The Red Rock Chapel...

We usually see the Red Rock Chapel like this.

We see many views everywhere of the only Chapel in a National Park,
designed by a student of Frank Lloyd Wright. But, have not seen another one like this... in Winter... Spring, Summer and Fall, even different hours of the day, it is different.

Or of the rear of the Chapel... many who go there do not even know there is a road that goes to a parking lot in the rear. They just leave after seeing the front.

The building in the lower right, is not finished, a home with a five car garage and its own observatory. When finished it will be another subject in itself.

There are many many beautiful views from the rear. Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, Court House Rock and many more.

Or This... the inside of the Chapel

“Photography is an Art practice, I use all sorts of techniques. It is hybrid. No purity. No technological optimism and no desire to cling to the past either.

Photography shouldn’t really be about photography, it’s more to do with the stuff around you – beauty, ugliness, joy, melancholy, the weird and the familiar.”
RJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 878733
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Sedona AZ different view of the Chapel...

Since the first time I saw a photo of that chapel, I've wondered what it looks like from the inside. Thanks for posting these. Do they hold regular services there, or is it used mostly for special functions like weddings?

"Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly." Micah

Canon

Ancora Imparo
loeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #3
Dromedary

Location: Travelin' the US in Motorhome, Shooting pictures and Painting.
CamelKarma: 3315
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Sedona AZ different view of the Chapel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loeee View Post
Since the first time I saw a photo of that chapel, I've wondered what it looks like from the inside. Thanks for posting these. Do they hold regular services there, or is it used mostly for special functions like weddings?
Believe they have one service on Sunday, will check on that. There is also a gift shop and information desk under the church, reached by a stairway inside in the rear.

Photography shouldn’t really be about photography, it’s more to do with the stuff around you – beauty, ugliness, joy, melancholy, the weird and the familiar.”
RJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Sedona AZ different view of The Red Rock Chapel...

Magnificent Pictures! I have always recommended Sedona tours for people who seek for a different kind of fun and I'm confident they won't be disappointed. Been there 4 times and the pictures I've got during the helicopter sightseeing made me feel the need to see it again. Also, I would recommend Rafting tours, they're the best!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel »

Share this topic:

Tags
chapel, cross, holy, red, rock