Milkyway
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2019   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 104890
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Milkyway

From a maldives trip 2014. Milkyway across the sky.

EuroCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 44246244
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Milkyway

Lovely shot Jan
Old 03-09-2019   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207

Nice picture of the sky, but a few technical details are in order, such as exposure time, aperture, ISO, and info to determine full-frame focal length equivalent.

My guess is that the white balance approximates tungsten/incandescent, or maybe fluorescent balance, to give more-or-less correct rendering of the trees' colors and the blueness of the sky. Under daylight color balance, the sky would be more likely to be dark gray or, in urban areas with a lot of yellowish ground light, it can even be brown, which is typically not a good look. I usually set my color balance to tungsten for night shots also to make the ground light look natural and the sky blue. If the ground lighting is predominently fluorescent, when I use that preset instead. As a byproduct, the sky is rendered a "purer," less greenish blue than with the tungsten setting.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 104890

Thank you.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel »

Share this topic: