South Melbourne Nostalgia
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2019   #1
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 5330088
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default South Melbourne Nostalgia

From my 2009 E-3 archives, another take on South Melbourne as it was then.
Over the past nine years Melbourne's population has exploded; Reliving these images is nostalgic.
I was of course a mere 74yrs old, barely out of my hey days! Oh dear, when all the world was young lad …

SOUTH MELBOURNE TOWN HALL

SIDEWALK CAFE

CLARENDON STREET

THE PRECINCT WAS A FAVORITE EATING PLACE OF MINE - CHEAP HIGH QUALITY FOOD, YUMMY LAMINGTONS and VANILLA SLICES!

TOWN HALL, FRONTAL VIEW

ALAS, THOSE COLORFUL DAYS HAVE GONE FOREVER

Old 01-02-2019   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Default Re: South Melbourne Nostalgia

I sure wouldn't miss all those overhead power and communication lines! Those really get in the way of sunsets and cut across tall buildings in architectural shots and streetscapes. Image #1 in this series is a prime example, though it would be comparatively easy to clone the single offender out of the image. Besides, much of the color in the middle three images comes from the red commercial signage and the color of the buildings themselves. The also sky offers a good counterbalance in most of these images. The location of the color may have moved, but if you look, you can probably still find some.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 16273323
Editing OK?: Yes

Nice shots...
gehutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 5330088

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728 View Post
I sure wouldn't miss all those overhead power and communication lines!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehutch View Post
Nice shots...
Thanks for commenting, guys.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel »

Share this topic: