Bolsa Chica Wetlands Suns
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2018   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1316338
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Bolsa Chica Wetlands Suns

Here is a photo of the sun setting over Catalina Island taken form the edge of the Bolsa Chica Wetlands in Orange County, California, USA,

whaas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 44246244
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Bolsa Chica Wetlands Suns

Very nice
Old 12-31-2018   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261

A lovely shot.
Old 12-31-2018   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First

An oil well pump in California? With as much stink as the state government bigwigs are making about fossil fuels, greenhouse gases, and anthroprogenic global warming, I thought they were illegal here!
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018   #5
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10108519

Nice shot!
Canon 80D
Misc. Canon Lenses
Sigma 150-600mm C
Sigma 100-400mm C
Samyang 8mm Fisheye
greenjeans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018   #6
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728 View Post
An oil well pump in California? With as much stink as the state government bigwigs are making about fossil fuels, greenhouse gases, and anthroprogenic global warming, I thought they were illegal here!
They are still legal in this state. The use of goods and services that involve the use of fossil fuels is still legal. Everyone in California's state government makes use of goods and services that involve the use of fossil fuels . Their money helps to keep the fossil fuel companies in business.
Old 01-01-2019   #7
Llama

CamelKarma: 792881

Nice shot. I scouted there once. There were some great spots for a shoot, but the drive (and the walking with gear) was a little much for me. Still a possibility in the future.
Gregw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019   #8
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaas2 View Post
They are still legal in this state. The use of goods and services that involve the use of fossil fuels is still legal. Everyone in California's state government makes use of goods and services that involve the use of fossil fuels . Their money helps to keep the fossil fuel companies in business.

I was joking, of course. I too am a California resident, but I am getting fed up with our state's pushing green (as in unripe and not necessarily ready for full rollout) technology at the taxpayers' expense. Their own excessive generation of carbon dioxide on their overheated rhetoric only exacerbates the much-ballyhooed problem of global warming.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019   #9
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregw View Post
Nice shot. I scouted there once. There were some great spots for a shoot, but the drive (and the walking with gear) was a little much for me. Still a possibility in the future.
This photo was taken a very short walk from my home. It was taken with a Canon G5X, hand held. There is now a trail system around the edge of the wetlands. Another good location about a 10 minute drive from my home to take sun set photos is Sunset Beach,
Old 01-04-2019   #10
F1 Camel

Quote:
I was joking, of course. I too am a California resident, but I am getting fed up with our state's pushing green (as in unripe and not necessarily ready for full rollout) technology at the taxpayers' expense. Their own excessive generation of carbon dioxide on their overheated rhetoric only exacerbates the much-ballyhooed problem of global warming.
I understand what you are talking about but this is not the forum for that discussion. It is not a photography issue.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel »

Share this topic: