Manchester Washington - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2015   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 57846952
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Manchester Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff Wellington View Post
78 seconds @ f16. is the exposure. Expand on why it doesn't work here please.
wow that is a long exposure Biff were you using a ND filter or was it to get the creamy water effect you could easily achieve that with a lot slower sp.

Canon 80D - Canon 6D - Canon 500L - Canon 17-40L - Canon 24mm Pancake - Canon 40mm - Sigma 24-105 ART - Sigma 105 macro - Samyang 20mm - Canon 1.4 mkIII
Mark Lattimer-Hedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015   #12
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 12233717
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lattimer-Hedley View Post
wow that is a long exposure Biff were you using a ND filter or was it to get the creamy water effect you could easily achieve that with a lot slower sp.
I had a nd10 on my 14-24, probably should have used something less nd16 or 32, but I put the nd10 on first and time was short so that was what got used.
I would have gotten a better affect on the ship for sure with a lighter filter... probably the water as well, but it is what it is...a learning experience, right?

Please Critique and Comment
Biff Wellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015   #13
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 57846952
Editing OK?: Ask First

I thought you had probably used a big stopper you know what they say buddy practise practise practise.

Canon 80D - Canon 6D - Canon 500L - Canon 17-40L - Canon 24mm Pancake - Canon 40mm - Sigma 24-105 ART - Sigma 105 macro - Samyang 20mm - Canon 1.4 mkIII
Mark Lattimer-Hedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015   #14
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 16273323
Editing OK?: Yes

I'm with you on this Biff. I really like the different effect. Especially the second one, great composition. Now if you could just clone out that ship....

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel »

Share this topic: