"combat photograhpy"
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2015   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 135093
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default "combat photograhpy"

An apology to the real combat photographers you are heroes.

So its Wednesday morning 26 degrees up at 4am to make the drive.

get there and get set up, third guy there. Forced to work around the 2 guys already set up there.

615am 2 competing tour bus lo

ads show up. Watch the near brawl develop grab a hold of the tripod incase they go to blows and fall my way, plan on just pulling out of the way letting them tumble over the c

liff and go back to set up. Sorry don't get here often.

Finally the sun starts to peak up and the ohhs and ahhhhhhh start...... then standing all along again..

WOW.

Old 03-08-2015   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 18901952
Default Re: "combat photograhpy"

what a beautiful shot and location,, having said that though, for me I would be terribly distracted by the crowd of photogs,, when I shoot I'm typically alone and have the entire place to myself,, not always but most of the time, to fight for a spot and then have all these other people there would be a big distraction for me personally
Old 03-08-2015   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes

Looks like a battle zone for sure.
Glad you were able to get that very good shot esp. given the circumstances.
Old 03-08-2015   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2943091

The best time of day for photography at Mesa Arch is sunrise. Mesa Arch is 40 miles from Moab so you really need to get an early start. There's almost always a parking lot full of vehicles at the trailhead for the sunrise light at the Arch. If you go in the afternoon it's usually empty but the light is wrong.

I was there a couple of years ago at sunrise and it looked like this.... Still, it is a spectacular landscape and view!

"To them, the bike is just garage clutter. To us, it's a loaded Beretta, a half-million in cash, and a forged passport under the floorboards." - Dan Walsh

" Enjoy every sandwich!"

Every single camera and all of the lenses that I've ever owned.
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel »

Share this topic: