Waiting for a soul to drift up at the Abdul Gaffoor Mosque - Singapore
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013   #1
Lost Travel Photographer

CamelKarma: 336183
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Waiting for a soul to drift up at the Abdul Gaffoor Mosque - Singapore

A picture can express a universal humanism, or simply reveal a delicate and poignant truth by exposing a slice of life that might otherwise pass unnoticed. - Steve McCurry

Waiting for a soul to drift up into my view at the Abdul Gaffoor Mosque - Little India, Singapore by Sam Antonio Photography, on Flickr

Old 07-31-2013   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 497479
Default Re: Waiting for a soul to drift up at the Abdul Gaffoor Mosque - Singapore

That's a nice and colourful picture.

Here are a few things you might want to consider:
  • Clone out that black wedge in the upper left corner.
  • Change the colour of that red tape to black or some other inoffensive colour. The bright red is distracting and with such a high contrast, it's going to be quite easy to select.
  • The composition is at the moment 50-50 between the building and the street in front of it. With the way the picture is composed. this equal weight leads more confusion what's important than to guide the viewer. With a little more care before taking the image, this could be easily fixed.
  • I would guess, that the current viewpoint is at eye-level. Lowering it to waist-level would also make it more interesting and help with the point above. I just hope, my guess is correct, otherwise I'll be sounding quite stupid.

Korman
korman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #3
Lost Travel Photographer

CamelKarma: 336183
Default Re: Waiting for a soul to drift up at the Abdul Gaffoor Mosque - Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by korman View Post
That's a nice and colourful picture.

Here are a few things you might want to consider:
  • Clone out that black wedge in the upper left corner.
  • Change the colour of that red tape to black or some other inoffensive colour. The bright red is distracting and with such a high contrast, it's going to be quite easy to select.
  • The composition is at the moment 50-50 between the building and the street in front of it. With the way the picture is composed. this equal weight leads more confusion what's important than to guide the viewer. With a little more care before taking the image, this could be easily fixed.
  • I would guess, that the current viewpoint is at eye-level. Lowering it to waist-level would also make it more interesting and help with the point above. I just hope, my guess is correct, otherwise I'll be sounding quite stupid.

Korman
Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed feedback. This is why I am becoming active with PhotoCamel again after a very long layoff for this type of exchange. I had pondered too about the red tape and the 50/50 composition. Again, thank you for the feedback and hope to hear from you again.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel »

Share this topic:

Tags
mosque, portrait, religion, southeast asia, travel