Temple
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 639195
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Temple

Taken from a lakeside......c&c

Old 07-31-2013   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 497479
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroti View Post
Taken from a lakeside......c&c[/url]
It's a nice scene and you were there at the right time.

The image is tilted towards the right. That should be easily fixed.

Framing the scene with the tree is a good idea, however if the framing takes up so much space, specially in the middle, the picture becomes about the framing and not the landscape. And for the picture to be about the tree, you would need to take more care to compose the image. A solution might have been to use a tele-lens instead of a wide angle it to give the background more weight in the image.

Korman
korman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #3
Llama

thnx Korman....for appreciation.
reg tilt, yea, I fixed it & in the first instance it looked corrected...needs one more click.
-It came on our photowalk, and missing it in full composite, I wud hv cursed myself, since in composition full tree counts as is shot. I understand ur idea over the middle portion of tree covering the ''landscape''.....while shooting and afterwards too, I was of the view of retaining the centre tree portion as there is nothing of substance behind the tree branch. The only intention which exists is to frame the temple, which unfortunately came smaller being at distance.
-One thing, besides thinking of shooting with a long focal lens, as it wud have come....cropping it from the middle branch to the left of frame wud give the result of a tele lens....however with tele lens will bring forth the temple closer,but may result in the tree branches going oof or soft, that is still not my idea. thnk u once again for good suggestions. I will try if it still exists with a tele lens.
shroti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First

Would love to be right there
Antonio1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #5
Llama

welcome Antonio1996.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel »

Share this topic: