5:45am Ferry
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1177696
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default 5:45am Ferry

Old 07-25-2013   #2
Guanaco

Default Re: 5:45am Ferry

Really? No Comments?
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 36131
Editing OK?: Ask First

Very interesting perspective. I actually really like it, not sure why no comments.
JWells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 400158

because there so many posting here to keep up with,
besides I have few unanswered posting's
seawolf66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013   #5
Llama

CamelKarma: 486555

This is a very interesting shot with a lot of depth. I like how you captured the reflection so clearly in the windows. The tones and color are fantastic with the early morning light. I think I would try playing with warming it up a little more just to see what it looked like. The only thing that bothers me here is the railing in the upper right. I don't think you could crop it out and I don't think it is that big a deal. Maybe clone it out. I really like this image.

Critique encouraged.
photodoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013   #6
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261

Nice shot Chris. I like the sky.
Old 07-28-2013   #7
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by photodoc1 View Post
This is a very interesting shot with a lot of depth. I like how you captured the reflection so clearly in the windows. The tones and color are fantastic with the early morning light. I think I would try playing with warming it up a little more just to see what it looked like. The only thing that bothers me here is the railing in the upper right. I don't think you could crop it out and I don't think it is that big a deal. Maybe clone it out. I really like this image.
Cropping out those rails really messes with the overall composition. I did do a rather significant crop in that area but left those "boxes" as they relatively mimed the other rectangles in the scene.

As to warming...with such a cool tone throughout the rest of the vessel, the warmth would look quite surreal. The light, air, glow in the sky while morning and all was not inviting to stand on the deck and try to absorb what little warmth it tried to emit. (I just tried it.)
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #8
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 134116

I think its well done. The bigger question I would ask at 5:45 am how did you capture show a unique photograph? How many cups of coffee??
joeleszc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #9
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeleszc View Post
I think its well done. The bigger question I would ask at 5:45 am how did you capture show a unique photograph? How many cups of coffee??
Easy. Sun rises at about 4:00 and sets around 10:30 - narrow window of nightfall, long daylight span. And it was cloudy-overcast semi foggy. Don't drink coffee. Drink tea. I'm civilized.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel »

Share this topic: