Cowgirl cleaned up
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Kids & Family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

CamelKarma: 11334
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Cowgirl cleaned up

By request.. she cleans up nicely Yes she loves oxford shirts, jeans and boots..

This was one of my many experiments in off camera flash. I used my (according to some) junk Nikon D70s since I can sync it to 1/3200 without any issues unlike my D300 which complains if I'm shooting over 1/250 unless it's TTL.

So anyways.. 50 mm 1.8 lens at F4 (I think), ISO 200, 1/1000 shutter and a SB800 on top of my monopod with Cybersyncs connecting everything. Power was set to 1/4 with -.3 on the camera. The D300 seems to run a bit hot on the exposure.

It was 2PM in light shade so I darkened the background with the adjustments and used the flash to fill. Bare bulb, no modifier on the SB800, just the flip down diffuser and set to 17mm for the widest beam

Facebook Fan Page
Fan Page
lightandimages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 13427
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Cowgirl cleaned up

Great shot Michael and I like her style --- > Blue Jeans Everyday !

~ Kat
KatMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009   #3
Dromedary

Location: Travelin' the US in Motorhome, Shooting pictures and Painting.
CamelKarma: 3315
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Cowgirl cleaned up

Like that lighting, never used the SB800, may buy one now.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Kids & Family »

Share this topic: