Springtime in Skagit Valley - No Tulips for Tommy
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Kids & Family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2016   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 3454539
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Springtime in Skagit Valley - No Tulips for Tommy

Every spring, in the Skagit Valley of Washington State, tulips are king. Our opportunity to drive up there came about 1 week too early this year. The tulips were ready to explode but just hadn't yet. There were daffodils though, and I got this shot of my 1-year-old son as we walked the fields.

Personally, I like this image a lot. The fact that my kid is in it aside, I like the colors and composition. Still, I always want to improve, so if you have constructive criticism, I can brace myself (and will still appreciate it).

The next day I was out in our backyard with Tommy, and I snapped this one. I post it here because I like this one too, but also because it was shot with a smartphone. I'm often impressed with the images I get from my current phone. This was shot and processed (Lightroom Mobile) completely in-phone.

Thank you for your consideration,

a Nikon and Windows kind of guy
SumptuousArt.com | Me on 500px
SA_Tosterud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Springtime in Skagit Valley - No Tulips for Tommy

Beautiful shots Steve, esp. the first one.
Old 03-25-2016   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 3332465
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Springtime in Skagit Valley - No Tulips for Tommy

Nice pair of images. I think the yellow, green, and red go together well.

swampler is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Kids & Family »

Share this topic: