3..2..1.. LAUNCH
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Kids & Family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

CamelKarma: 11334
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default 3..2..1.. LAUNCH

A bubble maker stomper rocket ship.. too much fun

This image has a story.. I made it from two images. One image had the launch I wanted but Sara had her back to me. The other had her facing me but with a squib launch. I was shooting manual so I had two pictures with pretty much identical exposures. I did an auto-align and then had dual masks where I painted out the back facing image of Sara and painted in the front facing Sara. Then I ran some basic settings, high filter etc. The final was to use a Kodachrome filter which punches up the saturation levels a fair amount and contrast. Since the image was shot in shadow of the late afternoon, it was cool and somewhat flat.

Facebook Fan Page
Fan Page
lightandimages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 77753
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: 3..2..1.. LAUNCH

Love the stopped action, Michael. You did a convincing job with the edit. Is auto-align a feature in Photoshop?
Old 04-04-2010   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 11334
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: 3..2..1.. LAUNCH

Yes, it is a most useful feature for taking out heads, eyes and letting you paint in a new one assuming you took more than one image to start with. I have also used it to take a picture of a monument with people, wait a few minutes, take another and then another, each with people in different places. A bit of work with autoalign and my paint brush, and the people are all gone

I'm going to do a blog entry on this one as a sample but not today.

Michael Sweeney Photography

Facebook Fan Page
Fan Page
lightandimages is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Kids & Family »

Share this topic: