Hello from Las Vegas
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Introduce Yourself

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Hello from Las Vegas

In 1956, while I was stationed in Japan, in the air force, I left my barracks room with 4 rolls of PX-135 film in hand, and the guy in the room next door asked, "Where are you going with the film?", to which I replied, "The PX to have it developed."
Butch then asked why I didn't do it myself and I distinctly remember a large DUHHH going thru the inside of my forhead and I replied, "I know nothing about that."
He invited me to the hobby shop, taught me to develope film and make photos and I've been hooked ever since.
In 1968 a friend taught me to develope color slides, using Kodak E2/E3 processing and I've continued to learn since.
I've taken many publicity, press, portfolio, glamour and personal photos of what I consider beauty, use Nikons and Mamiya Press cameras and am now so old I'm semi-retired taking ONLY photos of that which I consider beauty.
Hail to all you fellow-photographers out there and if there's something I can do to give aid, ask, please.
Sincerely,
HDavid

Old 03-07-2006   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Default Re: Hello from Las Vegas

Welcome. Always nice to have more people onboard. You been around the block a few times, so you should probably be helping some of us young whipper snappers. Hope you find this place frinedly and stop by every now and then to offer some guidance. Lots of folks here will appreciate it.

Las Wages huh? I am scheduled to come out there for a few days in June or July or whenever it is the wifey told me we might go If I do, maybe I can meet ya somewhere, shoot the bull so to speak about photography, and you can buy me a coffee and donut(s)

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 65

Hi there HDavid, and welcome to the Camel. My dad was in Japan in the Air Force a few years before you between 1950 and 1952. He took a lot of pictures back then as well.

Glad to have you here and I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Mike

Old 03-08-2006   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1362

Welcome HDavid - now lets see some pictures

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, but a few electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #5
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 80

Welcome aboard...or maybe more appropriately...welcome to the paddock/pen/field? I used to love developing film. Did some in school (just b&w for the most part) and then also helped my dad who was a printer develop anything he had to do. I'm sure I have breathed enough chemicals in my lifetime to account for my lack of braincells.

So, how long were you in Japan, and do you speak Japanese? I'm taking Japanese, so I tend to pester anyone who mentions Japan...whether they want me to or not. I don't have the shared experience like Mike does...my dad would have been 11 when you were in Japan, and my grandmother was stationed in Pearl Harbor in the Navy (she I believe left right before it was bombed), and my grandfather was in Australia during WWII...still, I'd love to see some of your pictures from back then.

Looking forward to seeing pictures from you.

Sara
Old 03-08-2006   #6
dc2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 290

Welcome aboard .
Canon 1Ds2
I lost faith in religion as a child when I saw a lightning conductor being fitted to the local church.
RSPB Member.
dc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #7
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 428

Welcome, glad to have you around.

Chip
Old 12-07-2006   #8
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11

I wish to thank y'all, for your very friendly messages and should anyone need, or wish, help with B&W or color slides, merely ask as I believe I'm very experienced in both areas, having learned to develope slides in 1968, using the old E-2/E-3 kits. lol
Dave
HDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #9
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 278

Welcome Dave! Look forward to your input.

Cheers
Dean

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Introduce Yourself »

Share this topic: