Hello to all
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Introduce Yourself

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2019   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Hello to all

I'm from Tennessee, where I settled when I retired from active duty in the Army back in '93. I'll turn 70 this year, and while I was an active hobbyist back in the film era, I've been away long enough to consider myself something of a tyro in photography these days, especially due to my just not being able to get out and about very much. I've become reasonably adept with my DSLR, a Nikon d5300 with the Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 DX lens, and actually (primarily because I'm stuck at home most of the time) I've become fairly proficient at using Photoshop Elements v.15.

There's a lot to see on this site, so for the time being I'll be looking around the various forums and studying up on the do's and don'ts; I've also noticed several tutorials on procedures so they're bookmarked as well. I'll post if and when I've got something to say, and I'll say now that I'm pleased to have discovered PhotoCamel and look forward to an enjoyable association.

The subjects I like to photograph (when I'm able to do it!) include landscapes, architecture and machinery, especially trains; as a very young man I did 3 years as a road brakeman on the old Chicago & Northwestern out of the Proviso Yards in Illinois. I'm just a few miles from the Cumberland River here in Clarksville and like to shoot river traffic as well.

I've had a nodding acquaintance with shooting 3D using a Macro Focus Rail Slider on the tripod, adapted to make the left eye / right eye exposures and producing an Anaglyph using the Stereo Photomaker software. I also like making Timelapse videos, at first using my Fujifilm S1 bridge camera but later a GoPro Hero 5 to make the image sequences; it's what I used to shoot the eclipse in August of '17, and I used Adobe Premiere Elements to produce the 44-second video of the whole shebang (Clarksville was in the 68-mile-wide Totality Zone). I don't see that there's a forum here for video, though, so I won't bring the subject up beyond what I've said here.

Well, I think I've rambled on quite long enough so I'll post this and start exploring PhotoCamel. Thanks very much for reading this far!

Old 03-16-2019   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 501383
Default Re: Hello to all

Welcome aboard! We're looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing any questions.
Jim Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261

Welcome to the Camel.
Looking forward to your photos.
Old 03-16-2019   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Thanks! I will as soon as I'm allowed to. I did the "create album" action but got a message saying I didn't (yet?) have permission to post photos to the album. I'm guessing I need to post awhile, which I've got no problem with. I'll be around, and thanks again for the welcome.
sjb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 487620
Editing OK?: No

Welcome aboard the Camel and thanks for your service. There are many helpful people here and even more help on YouTube.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 44246244

Welcome to PhotoCamel. You need to make 3 text posts before you can post an image here. But you can post videos just as images in the appropriate forums. Not many people post videos though. You can also upload the videos in the gallery (or another site, viz. facebook) & post a link in the appropriate forum

Gautam is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Introduce Yourself »

Share this topic: