Howdy.... well, sort of....
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Introduce Yourself

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2019   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 24993
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Howdy.... well, sort of....

Hi there, not sure if I sure introduce myself or ask if anyone missed me.

Life has been busy and finding time for anything recreational including photography has been near impossible. But got the urge to get life back on track and slowly going to work my way back into things. Still been using my Fuji HS50EXR and liking my shots. But tried to upload them to some stock image sites and not high enough quality. So after weeks and weeks of searching for a full frame camera, and months and months of saving, I broke down and bought a Nikon D750 with a Tamron (AFB028N-700) 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD zoom lens. I know there's Nikon-Canon civil wars raging so please, no camera politics.

Just shot some odds and ends things in automatic mode yesterday in the yard and totally blown away with the resolution of the shots. Crazy clear. Lots of buttons and lots of learning to do but so far totally happy. I'll be checking into the Nikon area soon to get some hints from some pros as I am a newbie in the Nikon world.

Glad to be back!!!

Old 02-03-2019   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 43480375
Default Re: Howdy.... well, sort of....

Welcome back. I've got a D750 and have had great luck with it.
Old 02-04-2019   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 24993

Hi Gary, thanks for the greeting and good to know other D750 folks are here. Did a lot of homework and was a really close race between that, the Z6 and the Canon 6D Mark II. The Z6 has less bulk but I find the "bulk" comforting and stabilizing, also didn't really want to drop the extra $800. The Canon was good but DOF and some other photo quality factors swayed me toward the D750. Hope I get to play with it soon :O)

Thanks again,
Scott
infinitempg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810

I am another D750 owner along with a D800. I am using it less now because I have another system, micro 4/3 with an Olympus EM-1, Em-5ii, and Em-10. Throw in another Panasonic G5 and a very old EPL-1 and you can see what my cabinet looks like. Welcome back.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Introduce Yourself »

Share this topic: