Adobe PhotoShop CS4 Content Aware Scaling Demo
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Adobe PhotoShop CS4 Content Aware Scaling Demo

This new feature is pretty amazing.

Here's a demo of how to do it.

And here are the results of my first experiment in transforming a landscape shot to a portrait composition.

My own examples aren't the best at demonstrating the possibilities with this feature, so if you have some, please contribute.

JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1161
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Adobe PhotoShop CS4 Content Aware Scaling Demo

The demo instructs you to use this tool on its own layer. When I do that, the background layer shows through after I shift the image. What am I doing (or not doing) that is different from the demo?

Thanks.

Caruso
Carusoswi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 197661
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Adobe PhotoShop CS4 Content Aware Scaling Demo

That is awesome. If I had ever figured out how to give karma I would.
I have heard of this feature, but hadn't seen it is action. Now I can see it and learn it. I am excited to look for some of my own images to use it on.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: