double chin dilema
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 63623
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default double chin dilema

I have a wedding coming up and the bride has a very noticable double chin. She is not heavy at all but the double chin is very prominent. How do I get rid of that in ps.
If someone could tell me the steps I would be very appreciative.
THank you
Oh yes and the sticking her head forward like a turtle makes her look funny

Old 07-24-2008   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1206139
Default Re: double chin dilema

Minimize the amount of retouching you need to do by de-emphasizing the condition at the exposure. Don't shoot this lady with a low camera angle, matter of fact elevate so that you are shooting somewhat downhill. Be very mindful of light and shadow. Where possible (in a wedding this may pose a large challange) put that area i shadow. Remember shadow receeds and light proceeds. Where you cannot do isolation obsuring works, be artistic in posing her with groups, use distance to your advantage, e.g. don't park the camrea in her face. If she has excessive flesh beneath the chin and jawline, don't have her head turned too far. The turning will cause hills and valleys which will only create places for more shadow.

You can outline the area with the lasso tool, open the filter menu, select liquify, and gently nudge and move a bit. Use great caution with this, a little goes a long way. Hopefully you will merge good camera skill with good retouching.

Best wishes.

Regards,
Steve

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #3
Bactrian

Location: That thin line between teaching middle schoolers to sing, and sanity...
CamelKarma: 5886

The other thing to consider would be to have her elevate her chin SLIGHTLY, instead of having her do the "turtle" thing. That would allow a stretch of her skin without making her feel terribly awkward. The other thing that will help is good posture - low shoulders kept back will cause a slight stretching of the skin at the base of her neck - thus slimming her down even more.

"...God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son"
- 1 John 5:11

http://www.petersen-photo.com
PetersenPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #4
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 63623

Thank you both for your advice. I will try these suggestions. I will post after the wedding.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: