Midnight actions...HELP! Please...
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 113410
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Midnight actions...HELP! Please...

I downloaded this set of actions, but I'm not sure where to extract them to or what to do with them from winzip....

Please help!
Thanks,
Lori

Make it a great day!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Ellbee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 276
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Midnight actions...HELP! Please...

i woulde extract them to a temp folder on your desktop (this is so its easy to find). then go into the dir where photoshop is stored and add it to the filters folder (the actual program file; something like C: program files --> Adobe--> adobe photoshop --> plug-ins --> filters). some need to be in a certain place but this is the typical path.
Old 04-24-2008   #3
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero rc View Post
i woulde extract them to a temp folder on your desktop (this is so its easy to find). then go into the dir where photoshop is stored and add it to the filters folder (the actual program file; something like C: program files --> Adobe--> adobe photoshop --> plug-ins --> filters). some need to be in a certain place but this is the typical path.
Thanks! That's where I thought, but I wasn't positive so I thought I"d check...I was looking for something that said "actions."
Thanks a million for taking the time to reply!
Lori

PS Some "k" coming your way!
Old 04-24-2008   #4
Llama

sweet!
im glad i could help out and appreciate the K'!!
Old 04-24-2008   #5
Llama

elbee, it seems i gave you a bum steer earlier!! i guess i voerlooked that you were looking for how to load an action, and mistakenly gave you infomation on loading filters/ other plug-ins. the eassiest way to load an action is to open your actions palette and in the upper right corner is a little triangle that will activate a fly-out menu. (see screen shot), click on the little triangle and in the menu, select "load actions" and there you have it!!. i appoligise for the misinformation and hope this clears things up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg act_loader.jpg (63.1 KB, 99 views)
Old 04-25-2008   #6
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero rc View Post
elbee, it seems i gave you a bum steer earlier!! i guess i voerlooked that you were looking for how to load an action, and mistakenly gave you infomation on loading filters/ other plug-ins. the eassiest way to load an action is to open your actions palette and in the upper right corner is a little triangle that will activate a fly-out menu. (see screen shot), click on the little triangle and in the menu, select "load actions" and there you have it!!. i appoligise for the misinformation and hope this clears things up.
I extracted it to the filters folders and then I closed and restarted PS...whatever I did (thanks for you help) worked...here is a sample...

Thanks for the added info!
Lori
Attached Images
File Type: jpg emilyfeet.jpg (96.6 KB, 93 views)
Old 04-28-2008   #7
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939

Alternatively, you can drag and drop the action file to the Actions Pallet in Photoshop.
Old 04-28-2008   #8
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancho View Post
Alternatively, you can drag and drop the action file to the Actions Pallet in Photoshop.
Thanks! I figured it out now.

Make it a great day!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: