Missing EXIF from photoshop menu
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 79
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Missing EXIF from photoshop menu

I don't know what has happened, but since re-installing Photoshop CS2 on a new PC I no longer get all the camera information showing up in the 'File' - 'File Info...' menu.

I used to have two 'camera info' or similarly worded items ('camera info 1' and 'camera info 2') Under 'camera info 2' used to be all the shooting data such as shutter speed, aperture, lens used etc. - Its all gone now, the two item are not there!
The authors name and any keywords i have assigned are all there.

All the EXIF is intact because all other programs can read it OK (Lightroom, Breezebrowser Pro etc.) It is also affecting any old files that have not been recently converted/processed by the new PC

Has anyone else had this happen? - I may try re-installing CS2 but everything else works fine.

Its not the end of the world for me, but sometimes it is useful.

I am running Vista Ultimate ( ) and use Lightroom to convert to jpegs or Tiff, but I was doing exactly the same workflow before getting the new PC so I can't see this as being the problem...

kevin_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007   #2
Guanaco

Default Re: Missing EXIF from photoshop menu

Solved it !!
Old 11-10-2007   #3
Guanaco

Default Re: Missing EXIF from photoshop menu

Don't you just love replying to your own thread!

I solved the problem - If anyone is interested...

There were two files missing from the "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx (user name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\XMP\Custom File Info Panels" folder.
(This is the path Vista uses, not sure about XP etc.)
They were "Camera1_CS2.txt" and "Camera2_CS2.txt" - These correspond with the ".dat" files that were present in the same folder.

I had to extract them from the 'cab' file on the CS2 CD manually and copy them to the location.

I don't know why they were not copied across on installation, I even did a 'repair' of CS2 and that didn't work either

Ah well, I can view my camera EXIF data now!

EDIT: I wonder if any other files are missing

Last edited by kevin_c; 11-10-2007 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: speelin mistak
kevin_c is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: