Photoshop question
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2018   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 323038
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Photoshop question

Not sure if it can be explained here but maybe some direction as to what to search on google or youtube for tutorials. I would like to know how to create these colored layers that only cover part of my page as u can see in this image.

LRussoPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6967624
Default Re: Photoshop question

I'm no designer but I think the thin stripes of graduate purple are, well, gradients... and all the separate triangles and areas are layer masks, or layers on top of the background itself. There are probably like 100 elements in this one example, with all the text fonts and logos and such...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1461679

I would choose instead of Photoshop something like Corel Draw (Adope Illustrator maybe?) that allows photos, text, and geometric areas to be superimposed on each other.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6717728
Editing OK?: No

This sort of thing can probably be done with layers and layer masks, and maybe a few other tools. Check this site out to see if there is anything here to help you - https://www.vandelaydesign.com/photo...dvertisements/ or this one - https://1stwebdesigner.com/easy-photoshop-tutorials/ .

A lot depends on how many of the components you have to build from scratch versus how many already exist and can be used with little or no modification.

Hope this helps.

WesternGuy

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: