Anybody using Microsoft Surface Pro 2 for photography editing?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2018   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 186457
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Anybody using Microsoft Surface Pro 2 for photography editing?

Anybody using Microsoft Surface Pro 2 for photography editing? I am wondering whether the pen makes a big difference for photography editing?

Any first hand experience? Does if work with Lightroom and Photoshop? Do the brushes work, etc?

Thanks!

haring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Default Re: Anybody using Microsoft Surface Pro 2 for photography editing?

I've had one for months and am still trying to get used to the pen and touch screen! Until I get a better handle on controlling the screen, I am not about to attempt any serious image editing with it.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018   #3
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728 View Post
I've had one for months and am still trying to get used to the pen and touch screen! Until I get a better handle on controlling the screen, I am not about to attempt any serious image editing with it.
I see! So there is a learning curve for sure.... So far did it help you at all? What is the problem with it? Why does it take so long to get used to it? Does the brush size or intensity change in photoshop when you press the pen harder?
Old 03-24-2018   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207

So far, I haven't gotten much further than basic web browsing, text editing and displaying pictures. I haven't attemped to try to edit an image using this computer yet, nor have I loaded it with anything more sophisticated than IrfanView for image editing. I still haven't really mastered all the mouse maneuvers such as double click, click and drag, right click, and click and drag with a key pressed. Part of the problem is that I have a tremor in my hands and the screen, hence the targets I am trying to hit, are so small that hitting the right spot is difficult. The screen is also so slippery that the pen point tends to move when I click it. I could also use a little help in learning how to perform these basic mouse manipulations using a pen and touch screen instead.

I do have the optional keyboard because I plan to use it for writing a fair amount of text when I am away from my main computer. I don't have any Photoshop stuff on any of my machines, currently using Corel Paint Shop Pro and Canon's Digital Photo Pro for most of my serious photo editing, neither of which I have yet installed on the Surface Pro 4. For text editing, I have LibreOffice, a freeware alternative to Microsoft Office, on my Surface and my main computer. I also have Corel WordPerfect suite on my main machine. (If it seems that I am trying to avoid Adobe and Microsoft software, it is because I really am trying to avoid these companies, though I do have Adobe Acrobat.)
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018   #5
Dromedary

I see! Thanks so much! Keep us updated how it works out!

haring is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: