What have I done ??
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2017   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 9679634
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default What have I done ??

I use Bridge CC2017 & Photoshop CC2017. I seem to have done something really strange/silly when going from Bridge to Photoshop via ACR with .NEF files. .PSD files open quite normally going straight into Photoshop.
If I open an .NEF file in ACR I get.......................

...............not of much use when trying to extract the best photograph from it ! The settings on the RHS are the correct ones from when I processed the .NEF file yesterday - quite successfully.
The same .NEF files open quite normally if I use Lightroom.
I have obviously clicked on something I shouldn't have, but I can't think what !! Any help/suggestions would be gratefully received.

Old 09-24-2017   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 9679634
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: What have I done ??

Solved It !!

In the "Camera Raw Preferences" menu the very last item is "Use Graphics Processor" - this was selected - how, I have no idea !! I deselected it and everything went back to normal.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: