Photomatix Pro Updates & Discussion - Page 7
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > HDR (High Dynamic Range)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012   #61
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 62562653
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Photomatix Pro Updates & Discussion

Thanks,I'll have a look to that.

Equipment: SONY alpha900,SIGMA 12-24,CARL ZEISS 24-70,SIGMA 180 mm MACRO,SONY DSC-R1
Software : DXO,DXOVIEWPOINT,SNS,PHOTOMATIX,AUTOPANO,ACDSEE PRO,GIMP

My gallery : http://www.flickr.com/photos/djeaissia/
jessea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #62
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 7324142
Editing OK?: Ask First

Anyone has noticed that when tonemapping your images in photomatix you have the look your comfortable with but when you save the image it's
actually off a little bit from the tonemapped preview. In my case it makes the highlights appear a little bit blown out but when saving the image they
are not blown out at all. Odd that they still haven't correct this issue.

have a look at the Gif
_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #63
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 43713362

Thanks for this, Josh. Useful to know - except that I seldom use Photomatix now.

Martin
Martin

Once photography enters your bloodstream, it is like a disease.

Software: Too numerous to list but my most used utility is ShiftN for perspective correction

Gear: Canon G12, no tripod, no lenses, no flash, no remote, no cases or bags!

Stiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #64
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 169270948

Hi Josh, the difference between the preview and the processed image was noted by Photomatix in their user manual way back and I noticed the phenomenon on some, but not all images particularly with "fragile" highlights. Some got pushed over the edge to blown. There were supposedly some tweaks to the algorithms in the last release but I never ran any tests to see if the problem went away. That being said, your differences appear too great - almost as if there is a sRGB <> AdobeRGB color space conversion going on between the two. The screen shot won't have any embedded profile and if you did Ctrl N and pasted it into a new doc, then the screenshot will be interpreted as whatever your last doc settings were in the New File dialog box, not your current PS work space.
I have never seen differences that large as you have indicated and would definitely be concerned if that was the case.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #65
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 62562653

I have this kind of difference on my screens(laptop and the other one):the output is always dimmer than the preview.I take that into account while choosing a hdr process but,sometimes,I have to unprocess it and modify my setting.Anyway,sometimes it's not very easy to notice a ghost and I can do that only when I have the output file and I look at it at 100%.In some cases,I redo my whole hdr process with the help of manual deghosting,keeping the previous output at hand to select the areas.the same for panos:you have to check on the final picture that the stitching is correct.So,it's always a question of going forth and back...

Equipment: SONY alpha900,SIGMA 12-24,CARL ZEISS 24-70,SIGMA 180 mm MACRO,SONY DSC-R1
Software : DXO,DXOVIEWPOINT,SNS,PHOTOMATIX,AUTOPANO,ACDSEE PRO,GIMP

My gallery : http://www.flickr.com/photos/djeaissia/

Last edited by jessea; 10-29-2012 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: spelling
jessea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #66
Camel Breath

I can tell you that it doesn't matter if your in SRGB,ProPhoto,Adobe RGB the same thing occurs.
I got somewhat used to it but sure can be annoying at times. Same thing as Martin(stiga) often mentions images are soften but thanks to the latest advancement in the app you can sharpen out details and externally with 3rd party app.
_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #67
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 491317

4.25 is up. See if it corrects the issues. I haven't tried it myself.
Cheers
Added: 1.4x II TC
cheezz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #68
Camel Breath

Anyone interested in learning what all the control sliders
and options within Photomatix please read this manual
It surely will help you.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > HDR (High Dynamic Range) »

Share this topic: