PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   HDR (High Dynamic Range) (https://photocamel.com/forum/hdr-high-dynamic-range/)
-   -   Photomatix Pro Updates & Discussion (https://photocamel.com/forum/hdr-high-dynamic-range/159726-photomatix-pro-updates-discussion.html)

jessea 06-09-2012 10:13 AM

Re: Photomatix Pro Updates & Discussion

ward,if you saved a "picture" of your system,you can restart from that.I do it only once in a while but never had to restore my system on any pc I have...so far.Of course,you have a virus protection?

ward5311 06-09-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessea (Post 1622757)
ward,if you saved a "picture" of your system,you can restart from that.I do it only once in a while but never had to restore my system on any pc I have...so far.Of course,you have a virus protection?

Thanks. I did restore but something was incomplete now leaving me without some functions. I'll call my computer guy Monday. Thanks for the help.

jessea 06-09-2012 11:39 AM

Ok ward,let us know because if it happens to me too I wanna be prepared.I believe my elder son had to restore his system once(W7)and it worked.

Stiga 06-09-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessea (Post 1622829)
Ok ward,let us know because if it happens to me too I wanna be prepared.I believe my elder son had to restore his system once(W7)and it worked.

System Restore on Windows 7 works but only if enough memory is assigned for it.

Martin

jessea 06-09-2012 01:32 PM

What do you mean Martin?I have 8 GB ram but I don't know how it will be handled in case of a restoration?

Stiga 06-09-2012 03:31 PM

EverydayHDR has an excelent video tutorial for Photomatix 4.2 The
Guidelines, Settings, Tutorials and Useful Information
post has been updated with this URL.

Martin

jessea 06-09-2012 03:54 PM

Ok,thanks Martin!

Stiga 06-10-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiga (Post 1622853)
System Restore on Windows 7 works but only if enough disk space is assigned for it.
(correction)
Martin

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessea (Post 1622913)
What do you mean Martin?I have 8 GB ram but I don't know how it will be handled in case of a restoration?

My mistake, J-C.

A rule of thumb is that System Restore needs an allocation of at least 5-10% of your total disk space.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessea (Post 1623073)
Ok,thanks Martin!

Hope it's useful. The author seems to cover most things in his video.

Martin

jessea 06-10-2012 05:50 AM

Ok Martin:I have 2 TB on one side(desktop),just half of it is occupied and 620 KB with the laptop but I try to not use this space and I use 2 external hd with the laptop(1TB and 2TB),so,I guess I am safe for this parameter.

Stiga 06-10-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessea (Post 1623622)
Ok Martin:I have 2 TB on one side(desktop),just half of it is occupied and 620 KB with the laptop but I try to not use this space and I use 2 external hd with the laptop(1TB and 2TB),so,I guess I am safe for this parameter.

Yes, you have plenty of free space. But you had better check that your settings
are adequate. This page shows how to do it. I mention this because shortly after
I bought my present PC, I tried to Restore to a previous time/date. I couldn't do it.
When I investigated, I found that not enough space had been allocated.

Martin