Photomatix Pro Updates & Discussion - Page 4
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > HDR (High Dynamic Range)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012   #31
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 7324142
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Photomatix Pro Updates & Discussion

_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #32
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 24593
Editing OK?: Ask first

After reading about these issues I am concerned. If I delete my old version and install the new one does it recognize my license to use the product? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Randy
ward5311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #33
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 7324142
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward5311 View Post
After reading about these issues I am concerned. If I delete my old version and install the new one does it recognize my license to use the product? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Randy

Randy if you have purchased photomatix have your license # ready then remove photomatix
go to the website download the latest version install it and type in the license # and walla.

Or you can just install the new version in which the license key will auto transfer but then you will have
two versions the old release and the new release which could lead to instability issues
_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012   #34
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 62562653
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Provo_ View Post
Randy if you have purchased photomatix have your license # ready then remove photomatix
go to the website download the latest version install it and type in the license # and walla.

Or you can just install the new version in which the license key will auto transfer but then you will have
two versions the old release and the new release which could lead to instability issues
When a new version of PHOTOMATIX is available,I download it without removing the old one,and install the new one(I have never been asked for my licence key,and I suppose it's because I don't delete the older version),then,after some trials,if there is , in the new version,everything I liked in the old one,I delete the old one.
It works all the time with no trouble so far.So,be confident!

Equipment: SONY alpha900,SIGMA 12-24,CARL ZEISS 24-70,SIGMA 180 mm MACRO,SONY DSC-R1
Software : DXO,DXOVIEWPOINT,SNS,PHOTOMATIX,AUTOPANO,ACDSEE PRO,GIMP

My gallery : http://www.flickr.com/photos/djeaissia/
jessea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012   #35
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 9545

Update.

Having fiddled and cursed until 01:00 this morning, I slept on it and started afresh this morning. I tried all the suggestions and resized the window, changed screen resolution and reinstalled the software again. Nothing.

Eventually I got bold and eliminated all traces of Photomatix from my computer. I went into Regedit and deleted the HDRSoft folder, went into Program Files and deleted the PhotomatixPro4 folder and finally used a program called CC Cleaner to clean up my computer before rebooting the computer and reinstalling Photomatrix Pro 4.2.1. As I had cleaned out the original Registry folder all my presets had been deleted so it really is an absolutely fresh start.

Long story cut short: I am up and fully functional again! Still don't know what I had done wrong in the first place but thanks to all for the help and suggestions.

Regards,

Paul
paulziets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012   #36
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 1544067
Editing OK?: No

I just sometimes hate computers!!! Glad you got this sorted.
Kev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012   #37
Camel Breath

Paul,you could take a little more of your time to send an email to PHOTOMATIX and,couldn't you save your own presets on an external hd and reset them back?

Equipment: SONY alpha900,SIGMA 12-24,CARL ZEISS 24-70,SIGMA 180 mm MACRO,SONY DSC-R1

Old 06-09-2012   #38
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 9545

Jessea,

I didn't think to back up my presets but should have. It is not too much of headache though, as I tend to use the built in presets as a starting point normally. In theory I should make regular backups of the presets on all my HDR software and this may well be the wake-up call.

Regards,

Paul
paulziets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012   #39
Camel Breath

Yes Paul,we start saving once we are hurt...

Old 06-09-2012   #40
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 24593
Editing OK?: Ask first

Deleted old and downloaded new yesterday. Today my system files are corrupt and my conputer will not boot properly. I tried the delete/install procedure again after I realized it restored to an old version. My computer will now not allow me to uninstall. Quite a coincidence. I am now stuck with the old version . This sucks.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > HDR (High Dynamic Range) »

Share this topic: