PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   HDR (High Dynamic Range) (https://photocamel.com/forum/hdr-high-dynamic-range/)
-   -   Photomatix Pro Updates & Discussion (https://photocamel.com/forum/hdr-high-dynamic-range/159726-photomatix-pro-updates-discussion.html)

_Provo_ 06-08-2012 05:08 PM

Re: Photomatix Pro Updates & Discussion

http://i47.tinypic.com/24pbgco.jpg

ward5311 06-08-2012 05:58 PM

After reading about these issues I am concerned. If I delete my old version and install the new one does it recognize my license to use the product? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Randy

_Provo_ 06-08-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ward5311 (Post 1622164)
After reading about these issues I am concerned. If I delete my old version and install the new one does it recognize my license to use the product? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Randy

Randy if you have purchased photomatix have your license # ready then remove photomatix
go to the website download the latest version install it and type in the license # and walla.

Or you can just install the new version in which the license key will auto transfer but then you will have
two versions the old release and the new release which could lead to instability issues

jessea 06-09-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Provo_ (Post 1622170)
Randy if you have purchased photomatix have your license # ready then remove photomatix
go to the website download the latest version install it and type in the license # and walla.

Or you can just install the new version in which the license key will auto transfer but then you will have
two versions the old release and the new release which could lead to instability issues

When a new version of PHOTOMATIX is available,I download it without removing the old one,and install the new one(I have never been asked for my licence key,and I suppose it's because I don't delete the older version),then,after some trials,if there is , in the new version,everything I liked in the old one,I delete the old one.
It works all the time with no trouble so far.So,be confident!

paulziets 06-09-2012 05:49 AM

Update.

Having fiddled and cursed until 01:00 this morning, I slept on it and started afresh this morning. I tried all the suggestions and resized the window, changed screen resolution and reinstalled the software again. Nothing.

Eventually I got bold and eliminated all traces of Photomatix from my computer. I went into Regedit and deleted the HDRSoft folder, went into Program Files and deleted the PhotomatixPro4 folder and finally used a program called CC Cleaner to clean up my computer before rebooting the computer and reinstalling Photomatrix Pro 4.2.1. As I had cleaned out the original Registry folder all my presets had been deleted so it really is an absolutely fresh start.

Long story cut short: I am up and fully functional again! Still don't know what I had done wrong in the first place but thanks to all for the help and suggestions.

Regards,

Paul

Kev2010 06-09-2012 05:55 AM

I just sometimes hate computers!!! Glad you got this sorted.

jessea 06-09-2012 06:01 AM

Paul,you could take a little more of your time to send an email to PHOTOMATIX and,couldn't you save your own presets on an external hd and reset them back?

paulziets 06-09-2012 06:19 AM

Jessea,

I didn't think to back up my presets but should have. It is not too much of headache though, as I tend to use the built in presets as a starting point normally. In theory I should make regular backups of the presets on all my HDR software and this may well be the wake-up call.

Regards,

Paul

jessea 06-09-2012 07:48 AM

Yes Paul,we start saving once we are hurt...

ward5311 06-09-2012 09:32 AM

Deleted old and downloaded new yesterday. Today my system files are corrupt and my conputer will not boot properly. I tried the delete/install procedure again after I realized it restored to an old version. My computer will now not allow me to uninstall. Quite a coincidence. I am now stuck with the old version . This sucks.