PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   HDR (High Dynamic Range) (https://photocamel.com/forum/hdr-high-dynamic-range/)
-   -   SNS-HDR Home/Pro Updates & Discussion (https://photocamel.com/forum/hdr-high-dynamic-range/159642-sns-hdr-home-pro-updates-discussion.html)

Stiga 04-29-2012 09:37 AM

SNS-HDR Home/Pro Updates & Discussion

If you are still using SNS-HDR Home or Pro version 4.1.16 or earlier, you should update now.
All the later versions have auto-notification of updates.

Martin

Pebal 04-29-2012 11:05 AM

Re: SNS-HDR Home and Pro updates

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiga (Post 1586276)
version 4.1.16 or earlier

Version 1.4.16 or earlier. Google changes the version number in the translation.

Stiga 04-29-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pebal (Post 1586349)
Version 1.4.16 or earlier. Google changes the version number in the translation.

Sebastian - Thank you for the correction.

Martin

woollyback 04-29-2012 03:06 PM

Martin,

How do we get these updates - I appear to be 1.4.14

Sorry I am dim with this type of stuff :)

Stiga 04-29-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woollyback (Post 1586511)
Martin,

How do we get these updates - I appear to be 1.4.14

Sorry I am dim with this type of stuff :)

Find the email that your received from SNS when you bought your first copy. If you
bought SNS-HDR Home it will be http://www.sns-hdr.com/files/full/SNS-HDR_Home.exe
Download the exe file and reinstall using the password given to you. If you have lost
it, send me a PM.

Martin

woollyback 04-29-2012 03:31 PM

Cheers maestro - will give it a go :)

_Provo_ 04-29-2012 07:55 PM

Made this a sticky so we can keep up on software updates,and discussion.
Pebal whenever you want to mention a new version release if you don't mind
can you type a few words mentioning what changes if any with the version release.

Thanks. Martin has been great aiding with sns questions as well as yourself.

russellsnr 05-03-2012 02:28 PM

Re: SNS-HDR Home/ Pro updates & Discussion

Hi, as it states Discussion at the top I guess this is the correct place to ask the question.
Would anyone like to share there processing technique/s with SNS-HDR
I no there is an instruction side on the web site and also there is a video on this site but when someone new comes along and says "I wish I could do that" there does not seem any up to date answers, the software has I assume come on a lot over the last few months as updates seem to come every couple weeks or so. Some of you are very very good at PP with SNS-HDR and your technique/s would make for me and new kids on the block interesting reading.
Thanks
Russ

Stiga 05-03-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russellsnr (Post 1590333)
Hi, as it states Discussion at the top I guess this is the correct place to ask the question.
Would anyone like to share there processing technique/s with SNS-HDR
I no there is an instruction side on the web site and also there is a video on this site but when someone new comes along and says "I wish I could do that" there does not seem any up to date answers, the software has I assume come on a lot over the last few months as updates seem to come every couple weeks or so. Some of you are very very good at PP with SNS-HDR and your technique/s would make for me and new kids on the block interesting reading.

Russ, In my experience, very little PP is required for output from SNS-Pro/Home.
If you keep, more or less, to the default preset, there is very little noise (or none) and
the output images are sharp. If you go wild with the sliders you can create noise and weak halos.

If I want an over-the-top effect, I usually do this with Photoshop - but only because I
am more familiar with PS and my plugins. Sometimes I select the Dramatic preset and
tweak the sliders a bit to get a striking effect.

There is a lot under the bonnet (aka. hood) in SNS and some of this is demonstrated in
the 3 video tutorials listed in Guidelines, Settings, Tutorials and Useful Information
My experience of most of these facilities will remain very small until there are better
manuals and/or instructional videos.

Martin

_Provo_ 05-03-2012 09:30 PM

When I return home I will try to put together a video showing how I use SNS PRO
and using the masking. So you and everyone else can see how the software works
and what the controls do.