SNS-HDR Home/Pro Updates & Discussion - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > HDR (High Dynamic Range)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012   #21
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 4356
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: SNS-HDR Home/ Pro updates & Discussion

I use 1920 x 1080 but can go up to 2560 x 1440. I am using SNS on an iMac with a Fusion4 Windows 7 window

Elbeardo
ElBeardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #22
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 634310

This layout is bad for you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNS-HDR.jpg (31.1 KB, 47 views)
Pebal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #23
Vicuna

Personally I do not like the the Histogram, Curves and Vignette Panels floating on top of the image. At the moment I have been able to set up as shown, but as you can see at the bottom of the panel the tabs are now just ... I can live with this but would like to be either able to make the panel wider so tabs have names or a scroll bar as in the Michael James tutorial. There does seem to a facility to widen the panel but I can't get it to work.

Thank you for your interest

ElBeardo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNS.jpg (42.3 KB, 47 views)
Old 05-07-2012   #24
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 43713362

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBeardo View Post
Personally I do not like the the Histogram, Curves and Vignette Panels floating on top of the image. At the moment I have been able to set up as shown, but as you can see at the bottom of the panel the tabs are now just ... I can live with this but would like to be either able to make the panel wider so tabs have names or a scroll bar as in the Michael James tutorial. There does seem to a facility to widen the panel but I can't get it to work.
Agreed, but speaking for myself, I like the present GUI.

I never use the Vignette panel, So the histogram is placed over it thereby leaving the whole image unobstructed.

Martin
Martin

Once photography enters your bloodstream, it is like a disease.

Software: Too numerous to list but my most used utility is ShiftN for perspective correction

Gear: Canon G12, no tripod, no lenses, no flash, no remote, no cases or bags!

Stiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #25
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 299351
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:

Thank you for your interest

ElBeardo
Hi, I think I no what you mean and it is a good idea, like in Lightroom (and I no there are panels both sides in Lightroom) but all the panels in each section are joined together with a slider at the side, so you just click/hold and move your mouse/pen to scroll up/down, it would also give more space for the image to be displayed as shown in the tuts with the option to put all the panels on one side and if possible in the way you would normally start to finish an image..
Russ
russellsnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #26
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 7324142
Editing OK?: Ask First

Pebal any chance you can incorporate a feature where the panels are stacked but it adds a long scroll bar similar to photomatix? So one can go up and down making the settings.
Reason I am asking is because on my laptop display I have to move the panels over the image to use them, if they are stacked I cannot use due to display dimensions so I would unstack them, Adding this scroll feature would be a great enhancement.
_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #27
Vicuna

Quote:
Your image area has a 2:1 aspect ratio. These layouts not would be better?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNS-HDR1.jpg (27.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg SNS-HDR2.jpg (26.5 KB, 46 views)
Old 05-07-2012   #28
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Provo_ View Post
Pebal any chance you can incorporate a feature where the panels are stacked but it adds a long scroll bar similar to photomatix? So one can go up and down making the settings.
Reason I am asking is because on my laptop display I have to move the panels over the image to use them, if they are stacked I cannot use due to display dimensions so I would unstack them, Adding this scroll feature would be a great enhancement.
I'll check whether it can be done. Not everything can be done using standard GUI controls.
Old 05-08-2012   #29
Vicuna

As I said yesterday I can live with this layout, it does what I want. This would be better if I could make the panel wider so that the tabs contained the panel name or part of the panel name.

There appears to be a facility to widen, a double vertical line with arrows either side appears when I hover the cursor over left hand edge of panels, but I cannot get it to work. Does it work for other people or is it just me?

ElBeardo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNS.jpg (42.3 KB, 38 views)
Old 05-08-2012   #30
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 43713362

Quote:
There appears to be a facility to widen, a double vertical line with arrows either side appears when I hover the cursor over left hand edge of panels, but I cannot get it to work. Does it work for other people or is it just me?
It does not work for me either.

Martin

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps79d51b0c.gif
http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps79d51b0c.gif
Martin

Once photography enters your bloodstream, it is like a disease.

Software: Too numerous to list but my most used utility is ShiftN for perspective correction

Gear: Canon G12, no tripod, no lenses, no flash, no remote, no cases or bags!

Stiga is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > HDR (High Dynamic Range) »

Share this topic: