Photomatix Pro 4.0 is now available
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > HDR (High Dynamic Range)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 11093068
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Photomatix Pro 4.0 is now available

Just downloaded it from their website.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers

Donít cling to a mistake just because you took a lot of time making it. - unknown
Wcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 7324142
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Photomatix Pro 4.0 is now available

cool thanks for updating us
_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #3
Photocamel Master

When you download it, try the semi-automatic ghosting option. It allows you to select specific spots in the image to eliminate ghosting, worked like a charm when I tried it tonight

Donít cling to a mistake just because you took a lot of time making it. - unknown
Old 10-01-2010   #4
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 2082

This has been available for a while now. If you have previously installed Photomatix the serial number will automatically install 4 as full version without the watermark.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #5
Photocamel Master

I knew the beta version was there, this is the first time I have seen the final. When did it come off beta?

edit: pro 4.0 was released in non-beta on Sept. 28th.

Old 10-01-2010   #6
Camel Breath

wcube do you only use photomatix? or have you played around with other 3rd party software
I sometimes use artizen hdr & dynamic photo hdr to compare with photomatix I think out of all my hdr 4 of them have been with another program other then photomatix only because it processed & gave me a better result. But the majority has been photomatix processed
Old 10-01-2010   #7
Photocamel Master

I only use Photomatix. I have looked a couple of others but stayed with what I started with, I hate learning curves...

Old 10-03-2010   #8
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 62562653

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCUBE View Post
Just downloaded it from their website.
Thanks for the tip:my French version 3 kept telling me no update was necessary(maybe it's not yet available in French?)
And Bynx is right:I had nothing to do about the key,and it has no watermark.
Now exploring.

Equipment: SONY alpha900,SIGMA 12-24,CARL ZEISS 24-70,SIGMA 180 mm MACRO,SONY DSC-R1
Software : DXO,DXOVIEWPOINT,SNS,PHOTOMATIX,AUTOPANO,ACDSEE PRO,GIMP

My gallery : http://www.flickr.com/photos/djeaissia/
jessea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #9
Camel Breath

I got the update just now and I am working on a new hdr shot and already the luminosity slider is working a nerve it's adding a weird circle in the sky area and adding more noise then previous version
Old 10-03-2010   #10
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
This has been available for a while now. If you have previously installed Photomatix the serial number will automatically install 4 as full version without the watermark.
This automatic update did not occur for me.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the upgrade, though.

JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > HDR (High Dynamic Range) »

Share this topic: