Guess the movie #24 - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Guess the Movie!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008   #11
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4620475
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Guess the movie #24

A Welsh film buff has watched over 28,000 movies - more than anyone else in the world.

Gwilym Hughes has just earned his third certificate from the Guinness Book of Records, reports the Daily Post.

It confirms that Mr Hughes, 63, of Dolgellau, who watches around 14 films a week, holds the present world record of 28,075 movies.

But since receiving the certificate he has already seen a few more films - 213 films so far this year.

Mr Hughes was instantly hooked on the cinema when he watched his first Popeye film aged four.

He said: "I got the first certificate in 1994 and this is my third. I have been watching films since 1956. The only thing is that people think that I am somehow glued to the telly but I'm actually not. I am a member of around 10 charities and organisations in Dolgellau."

On an average night former painter and decorator Mr Hughes sits down to watch films between 9-12pm while his wife Eirlys, 59, prefers catching up with the soaps and game shows.

"But we never argue!" he joked.

His favourite film is Lawrence of Arabia by British director David Lean who only made 16 films including Bridge Over the River Kwai and Great Expectations.

Mr Hughes said: "The camera work especially the scene of Lawrence coming through the desert is fantastic."

Olympus E-420 user. Lens: 14-42mm :: 40-150mm :: 70-300mm
Morgan Starr is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Guess the Movie! »

Share this topic: