GTCU #1979
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Guess the Close-up!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2018   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default GTCU #1979

The new GTCU #1979 is now available for your perusal. Not only will it fit into a bread box, it will fit into the palm of one hand, though the ends may stick out a bit on either side. This one works a bit different from others I have heard of, and it isn't something everyone would necessarily need, but devices to perform this function are available readily enough if you do need one.

I3571rs.jpg

Old 12-20-2018   #2
Camel Breath

Default Re: GTCU #1979

Another clue: the device necessarily has moving parts, such as shown in this image. Technically, this device could get along without this moving strut and associated mechanism but wouldn't be as safe to use.
I3570rs.jpg
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4620475
Editing OK?: Yes

splint

Olympus E-420 user. Lens: 14-42mm :: 40-150mm :: 70-300mm
Morgan Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018   #4
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Starr View Post
splint
Sorry, Morgan; this isn't a splint. The only splints I know of that would be small enough to fit the description in the opening post would be for fingers or toes. Furthermore, splints not only don't really have any moving parts, their primary purpose is to keep other parts that would otherwise move from doing so. The mystery object requires moving parts to perform its function, and you wouldn't apply it to the body as you would a splint or bandage. You're cold, but not that close to absolute zero. Try again.
Old 12-21-2018   #5
Camel Breath

Almost time for another visual clue, but I'll give it to you a little early:
I3568rs.jpg

The Mystery object doesn't come with the granular coating lining the straight sides of the red part; that is a product of its operation. Although I no longer use it, it has been used a fair amount in the past. It recently came to my attention because my wife needed it. This image is a true macro in the sense that the image on the imager is bigger than the object itself, so these grains are highly magnified and may be too small to be resolved individually by the naked eye.
Old 12-23-2018   #6
Camel Breath

Last hint, possibly until after Christmas.
I3569rs.jpg

A fuller view of the red part shown in the previous clue, making the object's symmetry more obvious than it was in the previous view. Unlike the non-skid surface on the floors of movie theaters (usually) accidentally but regularly renewed by the moviegoing public, the non-skid property is most likely an intended feature of this red surface and shows no tendency toward tackiness.
Old 12-26-2018   #7
Camel Breath

The mystery object is almost entirely made of plastic, mostly hard plastic but the red part is soft like silicone. There is one part, however, that is necessarily made of metal, shown edge-on in the accompanying photo. Although not readily apparent, Image #1 also shows this metal part in a way the better shows its shape and purpose. This will be the final image shown before the reveal.
I3572rs.jpg
Old 12-27-2018   #8
Camel Breath

Haven't heard anything but crickets and echoes since Morgan replied to this thread six days ago.
Is anyone out there?out there?out there?out there?
Old 12-27-2018   #9
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 3249515

I have no ideas so not responding....

COMMENTS, CRITIQUES ALWAYS WELCOME

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE
verdesardog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018   #10
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 21656

tweezer

The only editing that I do is size, cropping and auto light fix. I have yet to learn manual setting or photo editing.

My equipment: Canon Rebel T6i, 18-55 mm, 55-250 mm (and my retired my Canon Rebel SLR)
rockeman is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Guess the Close-up! »

Share this topic: