GTCU #1979 - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Guess the Close-up!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2018   #11
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: GTCU #1979

Not a tweezer. The mystery object has real moving parts that slide over each other, whereas a tweezer is basically a modified spring. Nevertheless, tweezers and this device are sold in the same store, but the tweezers are more likely to be found in the cosmetics section. The mystery object is strictly utilitarian, designed and usually employed for a single, well-defined purpose.

No more photographic hints are forthcoming, but I will say this: you would go to a certain kind of store to get one of these. Furthermore, the older you get, the more likely you will be to need (or want) the function of one of these. That said, to the best of my knowledge, neither of my parents ever had one. My mother did, however, perform the same function for a short period making shift with ordinary kitchen tools.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018   #12
Camel Breath

If you have a fireplace and fit your own logs to it with an axe, you are doing basically the same thing as the mystery object, but with differences in purpose, scale, precision, and materials.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018   #13
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4620475
Editing OK?: Yes

pill splitter

Olympus E-420 user. Lens: 14-42mm :: 40-150mm :: 70-300mm
Morgan Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018   #14
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Starr View Post
pill splitter

We have a winner!
Most of the pill splitters I have heard of are the screw type, but this one works more like a guillotine-type paper cutter, except the blade doesn't come all the way down and contact the supporting surface. For whatever it's worth, I am impressed with its performance and reliability. Anyway, here is the Big Reveal:
I3574rs.jpg
I3575rs.jpg
I3573rs.jpg

GTCU #1980 is yours, Morgan.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Guess the Close-up! »

Share this topic: