Old photographs: Remembering the past - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2005   #11
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 21
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Old photographs: Remembering the past

And this is my Dad when he was courting my Mum in the late 1920's

(Poor quality photo but was rescued from a flooded basement many years ago)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dad2.jpg (67.3 KB, 1564 views)
Old 09-15-2005   #12
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 22449

I gotta say, this is an incredibly moving thread. I wish I had photos of my grandparents. I don't remember them. They passed away when I was very small. Actually, I'm still small, but you know what I mean.
deluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #13
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Yes, it is an interesting thread, and well done to AlbertP for coming up with it. Maybe one day in the future shots of me or you will be posted in a 'remembering the past' thread - just one facet of the power of photography in capturing memories.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #14
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 22449

By the way, you can really improve some of these photos you're scanning using something like Photoshop. Can get rid of the creases, etc. The labs will also print true black and white now. (digital)
deluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #15
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim DeLuco
By the way, you can really improve some of these photos you're scanning using something like Photoshop.* Can get rid of the creases, etc.* The labs will also print true black and white now. (digital)
Yes, I plan on doing some work on my old ones. But this will be done when I have some free time. LOL Actually, my brother is doing a lot of photo restoration work with the family photos so I might just let him do it. HAHAHA! I have Paint Shop Pro and like it a lot.

I'm enjoying this thread a lot too.

Old 09-17-2005   #16
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1260

This is a photo of my grandpa from his military days.* He flew B-17 bombers (I think that's what they are called... :-\) and I later found out that he had been a POW after getting shot down over enemy territory.* I thought it was neat to hear him tell us about it.

kris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #17
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 13

An image of my grandmother on my mothers side, (I'm Japanese/Scottish American) Miyoko Iwase. Before her tragic death in 1954 at the young age of 39 she gave birth to 8 children and now has 42 or so grandchildren. She's much loved and missed...

...and a pic of the family after the funeral (my mother was only about 6 at the time)

http://iciclelanding.com/aperture?user=385&amp;view=albumlist<br /><br />Canon EOS 1D Mark II<br />Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L USM<br />Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS USM<br />Canon EF 100mm F2.8 Macro USM<br />Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II<br />Canon EF 1.4X II Extender<br />Canon Speedlite 550EX Flash<br />Canon MR14EX Macro Ring Lite
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #18
Vicuna

CamelToe, what an emotive photo!

It's so nice to see your grandmother's photo and the school photo. I can't imagine 42 grandchildren. I really enjoy these old ones.

Do you have any more?

Old 10-18-2005   #19
Vicuna

Jared, how precious a photo is that!* Just look at those gorgeous gowns on the girls! What work and what love went into the stitches! I also do a lot of sewing and I sure appreciate the hard work that your grandparents' family accomplished.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.* I must look up some more as I also think that this is one of the nicest topics.

Old 10-19-2005   #20
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

Some nice photos. I don't know if I have any from that long ago. I think my sister does, so I'll have to steal some of them. I like how these folks were all dressed up too, but a lot of them were dressed similar to that in their daily life. I mean like the old cowboys. Ever really think about all the clothes they wore? And how now we have people that wear half a shirt, or them cargo pants, no belt so they can ride down keeping the butt cool, and all that. THere are people now who turn the AC on when it is 75.

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff »

Share this topic: