Game: Ditloids - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2006   #21
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Game: Ditloids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gods Eyes
The new ditloid is a funny law. Here it is: I O, i i i t g a f d.
It's Obsolete, if it is the greatest and fastest device.

(I have no idea what the first two words are yet; the ones I have chosen are just place fillers.)
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #22
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728
It's Obsolete, if it is the greatest and fastest device.
scoundrel1728's geuss has found two of the words. It and is are out of place. The ditloid is now I O, i i i t g a f d.
My favorite sites of all time, CHECK THEM OUT:<br /><br />http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/<br /><br />http://www.runescape.com/<br /><br />http://idolonfox.com/<br /><br />http://music.channel.aol.com/live_8_concert/highlights<br /><br />http://bobiceofficial.com/<br /><br />http://www.kellyclarksonweb.com/<br /><br />LIVE MUSIC MATTERS!!!
Gods Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #23
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gods Eyes
scoundrel1728's geuss has found two of the words. It and is are out of place. The ditloid is now I O, i i i t g a f d.
Whatever happened to this thread? Was Scoundrel's answer correct? Shame it's stopped - seemed like a fun game .
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #24
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1362

Why not use the same format as GTCU e.g. once there is a winner a new topic is started also may be add some rules like no more that 6 words / numbers

what do you all think

Shortie

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, but a few electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #25
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS
Whatever happened to this thread? Was Scoundrel's answer correct? Shame it's stopped - seemed like a fun game .
Part of it is that God's Eyes was the only person giving clues and, after a few initial guesses, I was apparently the only one still in the game. My last guess had two words correct in it but they were in the wrong positions. I had already correctly guessed two of these puzzles and by that time was wondering if this was going to be a case of only God's Eyes making the puzzles and only I guessing them. If that was the case, I wasn't going to spend any more time on them.

I also came up with a puzzle of my own that to date has received no guesses but is still active. Here it is again:
Quote:
[This quotation] is photography related.

N o c c d e w. S w y t a m l f t p c.
Longer puzzles may look more difficult but are really not. The longer puzzles offer a better chance of producing clues from the initial guesses in the form of correctly-guessed single words, which makes their final solution easier. This is much like Hangman, where you have to guess more letters but you have a better chance of guessing a correct letter.
Old 08-31-2006   #26
senses working overtime

Wow, that looks hard to me - but I've never done these ditloids before. Do we get clues? .
Old 08-31-2006   #27
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1362

not off cuff can do except what sily women yet there arms might lift full time personal computer

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, but a few electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #28
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
not off cuff can do except what sily women yet there arms might lift full time personal computer
Shortie's answer has two words correct and a third one, time, in the wrong place. The quote is now
N o c can do e w. S w y t a m l f t p c.

If you want to simplify the game, you might want to put a restriction on made-up words, trade names, and proper nouns and allow for some spelling variants between the British and American dialects, such as honor/honour, center/centre, plow/plough, and the -ize/-ise suffix.
Old 08-31-2006   #29
senses working overtime

Quote:
Shortie's answer has two words correct and a third one, time, in the wrong place.* The quote is now
N o c can do e w.* S w y t a m l f t p c.

hmm OK, a bit of gobbldegook for you - see how many words match

Not all cameras can do everything well. Save with your time and money looking for the perfect camera.
Old 08-31-2006   #30
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS
Not all cameras can do everything well. Save with your time and money looking for the perfect camera.
That one is really close despite your not quite following the pattern. (The second word in your guess does not begin with an o.) The puzzle is now

N o c can do everything well. S w your time and money looking for the perfect camera.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff »

Share this topic: