Fujifilm gfx 50s
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 36120
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Fujifilm gfx 50s

Fuji finally released the gfx 50s. I've been hearing about this camera for a while now. It's a medium format camera, and apparently is being released with 3 new lenses. It's mirrorless and supposedly not too much bigger than a full frame camera.

I'm interested in hearing what this camera turns out to be. I like the idea of it not being too big. I like that it's not "too" expensive for medium format. I've heard good things about other Fuji cameras in the past. I'm going to be keeping an eye on for the next few months.

Is anyone else interested in this camera? Has anyone else heard anything about it yet? I'd love to hear any thoughts or ideas about it.

Nikon D800, D5500 IR 590nm, D50
nu2scene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Default Re: Fujifilm gfx 50s

Interested yes. Heard great things about it. Not sure it is "cheap" at almost $7,000 for the body. Small? Well, it isn't huge. As it gets in to more peoples hands 9those not "paid" to say it is awesome) it will be more normal and evaluated and true....

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 36120

Yea it's not cheap, but it's not much more expensive than high end dslrs. It's close enough in price to make me consider it. The lenses are also comparable in price to full frame lenses.

I'm waiting to hear what people start to say about it once it gets to the non paid reviewers.

Nikon D800, D5500 IR 590nm, D50
nu2scene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 31066

It will take me a while to get used to the diminutive 3x4cm size as medium format. However, I will reserve judgment until I see the results from this new Fuji camera.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji »

Share this topic: