Fuji Flash EF-42 - Test
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1753058
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Fuji Flash EF-42 - Test

For Christmas I was presented with fuji's premier flash for my HS30; here are my impressions along with some shots

Build Quality
The flash is made of plastic, but still feels moderately durable. The battery cover seems a little flimsy, but that really isn't to much of a problem. The hot-shoe mount is made of plastic, which was a cause for concern at first, but it seems to be durable enough.

Features
This flash fires in full TTL mode to allow good exposure, but can also be set up for manual shooting (something I've been too scared to do so far ) Also included is a little drop down diffuser for when shooting wide, and a full swivel head that goes through 90o vertical and almost 360o horizontal.

Here are some of the different shots taken with this flash on the HS30; all utilising the bounce-flash capabilities.

Cornet by Xenol: Westinghouse - G.I. - BSA - Red Flag, on Flickr

Pool by Xenol: Westinghouse - G.I. - BSA - Red Flag, on Flickr

Nugget by Xenol: Westinghouse - G.I. - BSA - Red Flag, on Flickr

Old 02-18-2014   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1753058
Default Re: Fuji Flash EF-42 - Test

There are no shots of people of here yet, but I recently did a photoshoot for my brass-band using backdrops and a projector screen as a bounce, when they go up on the website ill add a link
Xenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 4051792
Editing OK?: Ask First

Congrats and really like the sharpness of the cat photo..

It is disappointing for me that I couldn't figure out for to use the commander mode on my fuji x100s and canon flashes! So glad that yours is working perfectly
samerr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1676

nice

Kenko MC7 2X, Pro 300
Nkkor 50 1.8 70-300VR
Phoenix 100, 650-1300& Sima 100mm F2 SF
Sigma 12-24, 18-50 HSM, 18-125, 50-500, 70-300, 120-300, 1.4X 2x