Skin tones from S3 - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2006   #21
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 22449
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Skin tones from S3

FYI regarding the S3, versus the S2. I was accustomed to using Auto WB with the S2 and getting excellent results. If the skin was off, it was off my a tiny bit. It seemed also to compensate very well for fill flash and full flash, studio strobe, mixed light, etc. Both the S1 AND S2 have excellent Auto WB.

I got my S3 and was struggling for days to get my skin tones proper. I came within a day of returning the camera when I told myself that it MUST be something I'm missing, as everyone was telling me that the skin tones were excellent on this camera. I finally discovered that it was the Auto White Balance.

It's terrible. You must use the presets or Custom to get proper skin tones.

"I'd be cynical if I thought it would help"
www.delucophoto.com
deluco is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji »

Share this topic: