I'm Looking for an Easy Light Camera for Travel - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013   #11
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 497479
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: I'm Looking for an Easy Light Camera for Travel

For under $700 it's tough.

If you can live without a viewfinder and can compose your images with the LCD screen, then you have a few reasonable choices:

Nikon 1 J3
Olympus E-PL5 or some equivalent model from Panasonic
Fuji AX 1
Sony NEX 3

In order of the system size.

If you want a viewfinder, the budget won't stretch for the current models. I think your best chances are last years model on ebay, things like the Nikon 1 V1 or some Panasonic G6.

And finally here's a very good summary on how to buy with the various strengths and weaknesses of the current systems: Mirrorless for the Holidays | Sans Mirror ? mirrorless, interchangeable lens cameras | Thom Hogan

I hope, that helps.

Korman
korman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: I'm Looking for an Easy Light Camera for Travel

$ 700 is what I idealy woulld like to spend but a viewfinder is a must and preferrabley non-electronic as well as inter-changeable lenses. So at this point it seems that Sony NEX 6, NEX 7, Fuji XE 1, XE 2 are the front runners.

I will read Sans Mirroir> We won't be leaving for any vacation before mid-Feb. so I still have lots of time to research and who knows what will come up by then.

Thanks again, and I'll let you know where all this will finally lead me.

Amnon

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji »

Share this topic: