Fuji FinePix HS50EXR - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013   #11
Llama

CamelKarma: 3092286
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Fuji FinePix HS50EXR

contacted Fuji UK (0844 553 2322) re resolution of the EXR mode, they are unable to answer, but found the operator's manual
http://www.fujifilm.eu/uploads/tx_fu...manuals_01.pdf

a quick skim through, cannot see any reference to max resolution in EXR or intelligent digital zoom, one useful thing I learned from watching the Utube video by the Fuji guys is that the LCD screen can be rotated by 180 degrees, useful to protect it when not using it.

Point to consider re my previous post & the 9mp pics taken with the Fuji 9500 is that this camera only has 300mm zoom, wheras the HS50 has over 3 times that, meaning I can get closer to the action - hopefully less cropping
Photography is a blend of art and science which involves four stages. 1.Seeing - an eye for a picture, 2 Taking - aspects of camera craft 3. Making - post processing 4. Presenting - the finished article
I have studied photography seriously for over 40 years and digital imaging for 23 years and continue to do both. If ever I thought I had “arrived” or reached any sort of “standard” I would pack [it] in because what I would have reached was a plateau and would then probably be incapable of learning new things……I hope this never happens.
Leo Palmer

kennethwfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 24993
Editing OK?: Ask First

Big question is, WHERE TO BUY IT (when it does come available)?
infinitempg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013   #13
Llama

Best to do an online search & compare prices. amazon have it listed, I know of several UK retailers who have ordered it and are quoting prices, but you're US so would have to source a local retailer
Photography is a blend of art and science which involves four stages. 1.Seeing - an eye for a picture, 2 Taking - aspects of camera craft 3. Making - post processing 4. Presenting - the finished article
I have studied photography seriously for over 40 years and digital imaging for 23 years and continue to do both. If ever I thought I had “arrived” or reached any sort of “standard” I would pack [it] in because what I would have reached was a plateau and would then probably be incapable of learning new things……I hope this never happens.
Leo Palmer

Old 02-20-2013   #14
Llama

email from Amazon HS50 due to be released 4 March (provisionally)
Leo Palmer

Old 02-22-2013   #15
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 2375

Sorry I am late ... I love my S200EXR ... first bridge ever to me ... But, Real DSLR is a way much better ...
Old 03-07-2013   #16
Llama

made an excuse to go into Southampton to have a hands on trial with the HS50. Slightly larger than the HS20, which is better for me, viewfinder definitely improved, but what was really impressive is that it does indeed start up really fast, beeps almost as soon as you switch on and trial shots at max zoom through the shop window given the overcast conditions in the UK today, focusing was fast and accurate, my Sigma 170 - 500 would have hunted constantly in that poor light and probably would fail to focus at all.

Has been compared with Canon sx50, but I prefer the manual zoom of the Fuji - faster and less battery drain

would like to view some sample shots taken with this camera, wait a month or two until I can afford it.
Leo Palmer

Old 03-25-2013   #17
Vicuna

Quick note, my HS50EXR arrived Friday but been so busy haven't hardly had a chance to power it up. I like the feel much better than my HS10 as it's got more heft and fits my hands much more solid. The back screen articulation is nice but and really like the ability to flip it completely around and have the screen face inwards, totally protected. I don't like the fact they did away with the ability to leave the display flat on the back of the camera and tilt it upwards. Now you have to flip it out 180 degrees and then tilt it up off to the side. Not a biggy as I like the display out to the side.

Need to spend some time getting more used to the controls and how things like the digital zooming works. Can't seem to find how we used to be able to alter the image so it was shooting portrait while the camera itself was still sitting landscape.

Do like the ability to overlay shots in dim light so you can get a clear well lit shot in dim lights. Have no clue how it happened as it just kinda did.

Will report more back as I get to using it more, but so far I am extremely happy.
Old 03-25-2013   #18
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 7140401

I own a HS-20 and find it a pretty capable piece of gear. I will *probably* upgrade after the initial price drop. I bought the HS-20 on the day of release. I won't do that again.
My Gallery

Hebrews 13:3
Feel free to C&C my images.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #19
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
I own a HS-20 and find it a pretty capable piece of gear. I will *probably* upgrade after the initial price drop. I bought the HS-20 on the day of release. I won't do that again.
Although happy with my HS10 there were things it would not do so I was extra anxious and debated if the HS50EXR was the best way to go. I would of also waited for the price to drop but I had sold my DSLR gear for the $$$ to buy it and I knew if I didn't act right away that $$$ would of been squandered on things like bills and food Can't have that!
Old 03-31-2013   #20
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 273836
Editing OK?: Yes

I have an HS20 and the longer reach of the HS50EXR would be nice.
Let us know how you like or dislike the HS50EXR please.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji »

Share this topic: