Some shots with the Fuji HS10 - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012   #11
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1027625
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Some shots with the Fuji HS10

Apologies one and all for the delay - didn't have the settings as they were on a computer I haven't had access for a while!

I always use RAW (never have shot a single frame in JPG only on any of my cameras that'll do RAW - but then my first dSLR was RAW only). Tend to use AV and then exposure compensate as necessary

Tripod used (to rest the camera as much as anything!) - not keen on cropping, so only crop for the composition

#1 ISO400, 1/160, f/5.6, -0.3 exp comp
#2 ISO400, 1/160, f/5.6, -0.3 exp comp
#3 ISO100, 1/200, f/5.6, -1.0 exp comp
#4 ISO400, 1/250, f/5.6, -0.3 exp comp
#5 ISO100, 1/90, f/5.6, -1.0 exp comp
Old 08-26-2012   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 24993
Editing OK?: Ask First

Thanks for the settings, always looking for new things to try. I stopped using RAW on the HS-10 as burst mode was a time killer. I have been trying to shoot at the lowest ISO as possible and doing macro (trying to snag as much detail as possible) I shoot at ISO100. You got great detail at 400, I'll have to play with that more. Always looking for more ways to use the fun toys.

Trying to ride out Isaac right now so unless I want pictures of rain and wind the camera will have a rest for a few days.

Thanks again!
infinitempg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #13
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1027625
Editing OK?: Yes

Don't use burst (mostly!), preferring anticipation - I get much better results that way

Good luck with Isaac - was listening to news and it's not sounding too good (although I won't argue with the disruption of a certain political party! )
Old 08-27-2012   #14
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 24993

I only use burst trying to capture things like a dragonfly attempting to land on a leaf or things where trying to anticipate would work except you don't get many chances. I'll definitely work on the settings as sometimes the clarity isn't there with the settings I use. ISO100 only works when that Florida sun is my lighting.

Looks like Issac has decided it has a flavor for N'awlenes (again) instead up sunshine. As far as disrupting things I would appreciate it disrupting both political parties
infinitempg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013   #15
bw3
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 34808

Great shots! Appreciate you sharing them!
bw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013   #16
Llama

CamelKarma: 3092286
Editing OK?: Ask first

what mdes did you use, impressed as I never got on with the hs20

Photography is a blend of art and science which involves four stages. 1.Seeing - an eye for a picture, 2 Taking - aspects of camera craft 3. Making - post processing 4. Presenting - the finished article
I have studied photography seriously for over 40 years and digital imaging for 23 years and continue to do both. If ever I thought I had “arrived” or reached any sort of “standard” I would pack [it] in because what I would have reached was a plateau and would then probably be incapable of learning new things……I hope this never happens.
Leo Palmer

kennethwfd is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji »

Share this topic: