FUJI X100!!! Finally Fuji, you got to 2010! - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011   #21
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Smile Re: FUJI X100!!! Finally Fuji, you got to 2010!

It seems the minuses listed by some are pluses to me: no interchangeable lens (Henri Cartier-Bresson used one lens?), not all black - so, doesn't look like a pro camera, i.e., not threatening, etc. I have one on order. The price is not a sticking point to me. If you don't want one, then of course it costs to much. I think this camera will go viral. And it is retro, going all the way back to "foot-zoom". Want a tighter shot? Move up. Want a wider view? Move back...I'm just sayin'.
3cameradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #22
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 21077
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default Re: FUJI X100!!! Finally Fuji, you got to 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cameradog View Post
It seems the minuses listed by some are pluses to me: no interchangeable lens (Henri Cartier-Bresson used one lens?), not all black - so, doesn't look like a pro camera, i.e., not threatening, etc. I have one on order. The price is not a sticking point to me. If you don't want one, then of course it costs to much. I think this camera will go viral. And it is retro, going all the way back to "foot-zoom". Want a tighter shot? Move up. Want a wider view? Move back...I'm just sayin'.
You nailed it. I agree completely. I hope they get the software issue figured out by the time of its release. I'm sure there will be updates, but I hope they don't leave it to use to find the bugs. That being said, I WANT ONE!
You say you ordered one. Is it now available, or waiting for a delivery date?

Here is a hands-on video review of it.

mjcmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011   #23
Llama

CamelKarma: 3138
Editing OK?: Ask First

Good video...thanks!
Old 08-12-2011   #24
Photocamel Muse

CamelKarma: 61445
Editing OK?: Ask First

Definitely a sexy camera! I agree with Raist3d though about the lenses. If it had the 3 interchangeables he mentioned, I'd buy it without a third thought.

Facebook Page like?

Google+ add?
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #25
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

I'm about to buy one of these.... My digital journey seems to have gone from fairly small and light, to big and heavy, and back to even smaller and lighter. This looks like the perfect camera to me. I can see from the many reviews that it's not perfect, but it ticks so many boxes that I can't resist...
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #26
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidder View Post
In the UK, this is priced at 999.99 ($1,600.45) In the States apparently it is priced at $1200.
So you see, once more the UK is being ripped off. I reckon I could get a flight to New York, buy one, and get back home for less than the difference.

As far as I'm concerned they can stick it.
Jim, looks like the price disparity is not so bad now. Retail is 879 (Amazon UK), and $1199 (B&H US). $1199 = 769, which is not a bad difference for this type of gadget. I'm off to New York in a couple of weeks and was planning on doing my shopping there, but for an extra 100 quid and the assurance of a good UK seller I'll pay the extra. Will use my New York shopping to pick up the pricey leather case and lens hood .

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji »

Share this topic: