Such is Life Without a Wife - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Food

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2018   #11
Llama

CamelKarma: 6146683
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Such is Life Without a Wife

Granted, you can't cook, but I've never seen anything that looks that good at McDonald's.
Mike67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018   #12
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 5330088
Editing OK?: Ask First

A bit over a year back McDonalds were running a "Gourmet" burger option. You stood at one of their restaurant ordering consoles and "built your own" by checking the ingredients you wanted, as well as a crispy crust bakery bun and a choice of a half dozen or so sauces. For about $10 AU, say around $7 US, you wound up with a burger like the one pictured. I guess price competition from Hungry Jacks and the Colonel forced Maccas into discontinuing their range of highly edible gourmet burgers and go with the flow of serving the old toxic muck. Since then when I need a quick fix, I order a toasted ham, cheese, tomato sandwich or an egg 'n bacon McMuffin for around three bucks, and with it seniors get a free mug of coffee! Do Maccas do that in FL or GA?

The one pictured in my opening post is one that I "built" myself on their ordering machine.
pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018   #13
Llama

CamelKarma: 1112852

I feel your pain but at least my dad made sure I could cook.
nice series
Old 01-01-2019   #14
Photocamel Master

Well Greg, I wasn't always as hopeless in the kitchen as now at 83, I just forget that I've got something cooking, or else forget to add some vital ingredient, or sometimes add ones that are not.
pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019   #15
Llama

CamelKarma: 1112852

Many years ago shortly after my mother retired she called me and exclaimed she had baked a cake. I was so proud of her I was about to pile on the accolades but before I could she continued. She happily exclaimed " All I had to do was add an egg and some milk to what was in the box!"

GAAAAAH, I'm a scratch cook when I can. It just seems to taste better with the attitude of the more pots pans and utensils and the bigger the mess the better it tastes.

But that little story aside. I'm not far behind you in forgetting things. And when something goes wrong I have no clue what made it wrong!

Just set a timer even for little things like warming something on the stove or even making hard boiled eggs. The timer had saved me on many occasions.
Old 01-02-2019   #16
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promapper View Post
Many years ago shortly after my mother retired she called me and exclaimed she had baked a cake. I was so proud of her I was about to pile on the accolades but before I could she continued. She happily exclaimed " All I had to do was add an egg and some milk to what was in the box!"
GAAAAAH, I'm a scratch cook when I can. It just seems to taste better with the attitude of the more pots pans and utensils and the bigger the mess the better it tastes.
But that little story aside. I'm not far behind you in forgetting things. And when something goes wrong I have no clue what made it wrong!
Just set a timer even for little things like warming something on the stove or even making hard boiled eggs. The timer had saved me on many occasions.
Your mother's method made me laugh, Greg!
Your method made me cringe, I hate washing up!
I saw advertised on tv last night a neat little egg boiling gadget called an egglette.
Might be a good investment except I tend not to eat eggs in summer.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Food »

Share this topic: