Village home's kitchen
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Food

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2017   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 639195
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Village home's kitchen

my pephew's wife is preparing ''roti'' for lunch in my nephew's home. this is common sight in other village homes....

IMG_5142-1-2 by cgopal shroti, on Flickr

Old 08-01-2017   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Village home's kitchen

Not sure what a pephew is, but assume it is nephew, thus your nephews wife...? What is "roti"? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense what it is or is going on to this American guy, so can you describe? Her hand is on top of something, that is on top of something (like a stone wall or something), so it is more fascinating what is happening.....

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1543000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
Not sure what a pephew is, but assume it is nephew, thus your nephews wife...? What is "roti"? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense what it is or is going on to this American guy, so can you describe? Her hand is on top of something, that is on top of something (like a stone wall or something), so it is more fascinating what is happening.....

two ways of finding what her hand is on. looking carefully, or looking up
roti
both will give you flat bread i.e. Indian tortilla (using leavened dough) How about giving the guy an opinion of the image? Speaking of which!

I like it, maybe would have changed camera angle so that cross piece fell alittle further up the arm giving the hand and the roti some space.
Didereaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017   #4
Administrator

I did give an opinion on the image

Old 08-03-2017   #5
Llama

Let me laugh at my mistake of nephew and ur marking it Mr Pickles.

Roti, or also called chapati and even 'bread' by many. It is cooked on a ''chulha''(earthen stove), which u can say burner and lit by fire woods. The lady made a dough and a piece was kept on the ''tawa'' A 5mm thick made up of the clay and used for spl occasions, as she asked me that would I like to eat a ''kadila'' clay vessel roti.... as seen....she is cooking the thin bread on that making from a piece of dough....I was too happy since it gives some different that gas stoves and easy in digestion....Though the couple owns a modern house and a well furnished kitchen, as seen in cities......So the pic had a good value for me. .....In her furnished kitchen, she uses steel ''tawa'' on gas stove. That has slight different taste......
shroti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017   #6
Administrator

Ahh, so the dark gray item by her hand is the "burner" (gets hot from he fire below the clay brick ledge) and the yellowish item on top right below her hand is the bread, like pita or a tortilla...right?

When I looked at this the other day I thought her hand was over a bowl that had grain or bread inside.

Thanks for the explanation. One can learn through images and conversation.

Old 08-03-2017   #7
Llama

THNK U Didereaux.....I think above reply will satisfy u....she is turning the roti to cook it from other side as well...my idea was to cover the nephew's wife sans bamboo, but as I coud not move either side, as many things dumped outside, I had to limit the angle, despite lamenting.....
shroti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017   #8
Llama

tHESE ROTIS, CHAPATI OR BREADS are today evening product......some vegetables, achar, salad, curd are ready IMG_2658-1 by cgopal shroti, on Flickrto satisfy our appetite.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Food »

Share this topic: