What is your favorite film camera? - Page 5
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2006   #41
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 54
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: What is your favorite film camera?

STILL GOT MY SEARS TLS IT WAS A BIRTHDAY GIFT WAY BACK WHEN FOR XMAS THE WIFE GOT IT C.L.A FOR ME BEEN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY WITH THE TANK NEVER FAILED ME IT'S MADE BY RICOH NOT TO FANCY BUT IT JUST KEEPS GOING I USE THE OLD PENTAX LENSES FOR IT
YACOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #42
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 501383
Editing OK?: Yes

For the best image quality, an ancient B&J flatbed 5x7 view camera with a 4x5 back and a 1947 Kodak Ektar f/7.7 203mm lens. For compactness and friendly handling, a Leica M4. For versatility, a Nikon F system.
Jim Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #43
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1625

canon EOS5 - my first system camera.
Old 07-29-2006   #44
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1495882

I still use one of my favorites almost weekly in between using my digi's. Canon T-70 and Canon F 1.8 FD. The only film I can buy here is the last remnants of Konika or Kodak Gold, 100 through 400, these were Kodak Gold 200.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AAA013A11N.jpg (52.8 KB, 389 views)
File Type: jpg AAA015A12N.jpg (63.0 KB, 384 views)
Old 07-31-2006   #45
rossb48

CamelKarma:

I just purchased a Mamiya 645 Pro TL and right now it's my favorite camera of all time. It is really fun to use and the images have a better quality then my 35mm. I really like the bigger negative. I hope to do some great things with this camera. In 35mm I think the Nikon FE2 is about as good as it gets. I have never owned an AF camera or digital camera and cannot comment on them. I also have a Minolta x570 system and I think it is very nice but will sell it or trade it off sometime this year. I think medium format is what I should have started using years ago......ross
Old 07-31-2006   #46
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first

Ooooh, I covet your Mamiya! I'd love to have one of those. I shoot medium format too, but mainly with toy cameras. The big negatives are my favorite part. I look forward to seeing some shots from the 645!

Bob
Latinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #47
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

Yea, why don't you get a Mamiya? Rossb did, so you should too. Even though some of us don't do the film or medium format type stuff, doesn't mean we don't look at it and appreciate it.

Wow, that was mean and eloquent (I think)

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #48
rossb48

CamelKarma:

Bob, you can have a Mamiya also. They are ridiculous cheap these days. The Medium film format is fading away and people are getting rid of their camera's. I am not sure why or what they replace them with but they are doing it. I just purchased a Mint wide angle lens for it for only $86.00. It is the later "N" series lens which has the best multicoatings. I am planning on posting some images soon but I am new hear and haven't figured out how to yet. I have only shot two rolls so far and the first roll I loaded the film incorrectly and only got about 8 images out of it. But I realized what I did wrong and was fine with the second roll. It's a little different to use than my Nikon.
The camera with a metered finder has aperture priority, as well as manual exposure. It has exposure lock, mirror lock up, and shutter speeds to 1/1000th. TTL flash if you have the correct flash. self timer also. The camera is kind of heavy, the power grip is pretty nice but takes a separate battery. One of the things I like about it is there are no light seals or foam to replace ever except the mirror dampening foam. The PRo TL is the latest and just discontinued model. The Pro is exactly the same but does not have the TTL flash option. The camera is manual focus only...Look into one. I have $800.00 into mine but it is in new condition. I think with some careful shopping you could get the pro, super or pro tl for much cheaper......ross

Old 08-01-2006   #49
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossb48
I am planning on posting some images soon but I am new hear and haven't figured out how to yet...
See http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,10584.0.html.

Now you have no excuse, so let's see some MF shots .
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #50
rossb48

CamelKarma:

This is one of the shots I took with the Mamiya. It was on the first roll that I inserted improperly and lost some of the pictures at the end of the roll.* Like I said before I figured out what I did wrong and won't make that mistake again.* It had to do with the aligning of the two start marks.* The natural bridge is in Santa Cruz Calif...I hope to shoot something better soon but I have not had this camera very long,* I* plan on trying to get out with it this weekend and maybe try and catch the sunset somwhere on possibly some night shots..........ross

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera »

Share this topic: