What is your favorite film camera? - Page 4
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2006   #31
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 428
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: What is your favorite film camera?

Well, just because it's cool and elemental, my Sinar F 4x5.

For 35mm film? Hmmmm, tough question. I still have a Nikon F2 Photomic but I fell in love with my Nikon FM as soon as I bought it and never went back to the F2. I used FM's and an N8008s until the F4s came out. When I got my hands on F4 I decided it was the 'Macintosh of cameras, loved it. I still think it's one of Nikon's most innovative camera bodies.

If I shoot film now I grab an F4s and an FM-2 for backup... Yeah, now that I think of it, those are my two favorite 35mm cameras; the FM-2 for it's simplicity, the F4s for it's ergonomics and both for their ruggedness.

I never liked shooting medium format, perhaps if I'd gone with Hassy instead of Mamiya it would be different.

Chip

Hey, the spell checker knows about Nikon and Canon... but not Sinar and Mamiya!
Old 02-09-2006   #32
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 31

I'm probably in the "Whatever is loaded and ready when the opportunity presents itself" school of thought. Anything OM would be a good start, and what sits in my car loaded today, is an OM 2S with 85mm f2 Zuiko and a 180mm f2.5 Tamron beside it loaded with HP 5, also a Holga with 100UC and an Agfa Clack loaded with Tri-X. This is all in addition to a pretty full e-1 kit. On another day it might be pinholes, 4X5 or . . .
e-1, 7-14mm, 11-22mm, 50mm, 14-54mm, 50-200mm, 1.4X, tube, FL-50, grip. etc.* A bunch of OLympus OM gear, pinhole cameras, Voigtlander folders, 4X5 Toyo 45AX.* Oh, lets not forget the Agfa Clack and Billy.
nsurit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #33
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Canon T-90 still have it and wish that my 20D was more like it.
sonyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #34
Llama

CamelKarma: 116

Olympus OM-1n and Minolta CLE
dougjgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #35
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 661924
Editing OK?: Yes

Hey all you folks with a favorite film camera. Do you still use it?? Can we see some of your recent images??
Support your local film camera forum.

Old 04-02-2006   #36
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11

My Canon Elan 7. It's a very capable camera, and I'm very comfortable with it. It's still my primary camera. I probably won't make the jump to digital soon; I'm pretty happy with my film!
elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006   #37
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

I got one old beater film camera left. Haven't used it in years. One of these days I might use it.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #38
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by B
When I got my hands on F4 I decided it was the 'Macintosh of cameras, loved it. I still think it's one of Nikon's most innovative camera bodies.
I love my F4 too. Its my favorite 35mm body. My overall fav film body has to be my Lubitel 166. Its medium format, its fun to use (and it works), and it looks like a toy. It takes fantastic pictures. Its the Vic-20 of cameras!!
Latinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #39
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinbob

It takes fantastic pictures. Its the Vic-20 of cameras!!

I would've never thought... that's great.

OK,OK... so what's the TRS-80 of Cameras? Anybody? I already have my pick.

Chip
Old 04-07-2006   #40
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinbob
I love my F4 too. Its my favorite 35mm body. My overall fav film body has to be my Lubitel 166. Its medium format, its fun to use (and it works), and it looks like a toy. It takes fantastic pictures. Its the Vic-20 of cameras!!
I've just got a 10x36 exp pack of Velvia 50 including processing for a really good price from FujiLab. Unfortunately I suspect they are running down stocks. But anyway, I'm going to have some fun shooting them on my OM4ti, which has been sadly neglected since I moved to digital all of 9 months ago (coinciding with me joining this site - so I blame JD for the lapse ). Looking forward to powering up the Kodak projector and enjoying some big technicolor viewing.

Love your reference to the Vic-20 btw. We could do with a whole thread on classic personal computers in those glorious years prior to the MS takeover.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera »

Share this topic: