Fading Polaroid
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Fading Polaroid

I went on a Polaroid film buying binge today. I bought two twin packs of 600 for my modified SX-70, and I ordered some type 664 and 667 for my pack film cameras. I also picked up some 4x5 Polaroid film (type 53 and type 79) for the large format camera. Polaroid is apparently getting out of the film business this year, so get your Polaroid film while you can.

Bob

Old 03-04-2008   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Fading Polaroid

I thought someone was going to make this for awhile? Is that true? Or is it gone, gone?

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Fading Polaroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
I thought someone was going to make this for awhile? Is that true? Or is it gone, gone?
Fuji makes pack film, which is bigger than the one step stuff. That will work in my ColorPack III and my two Polaroid Automatic Land cameras. That's about it though for instant film. 4x5 too. There are rumors that both Ilford and Fuji are interested in picking up the process patents. It would be a shame to see it go. I know it isn't as cool or high tech as digital, but there is something magical about seeing the image appear before your eyes.

Bob

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera »

Share this topic: