Film Photographers, A Call to Arms - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2005   #11
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 31066
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Film Photographers, A Call to Arms

Check out the Analog Photography Users Group (www.APUG.ORG). This forum is devoted to traditional (non-digital) photography.
Narsuitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #12
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 661924
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8do
Nice use of selective focus to guide the eye... So, how much time do you have in post processing the scan?

denny
Sorry to take so long to reply. I have been off in the woods fishing and photographing.
Very little time in post processing the scan. A bit of capture sharpening and touch up with curves and levels. Fortunately the slide showed very little age deterioration (unlike some of my others).
Mike.
Old 10-07-2005   #13
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 381

Hello everyone!

Well.. I use film as well but not exclusive... majority used as a back up or wanted something wider than a 1.6x dslr can do...
a lil corner is a good idea... at least I can ask more about film + scanning tips

otaku521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #14
dc2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 290

I rarley use film nowdays but still don't have a bad word for it , its proven over a long time and am glad that people keep it going . good on yer
Canon 1Ds2
I lost faith in religion as a child when I saw a lightning conductor being fitted to the local church.
RSPB Member.
dc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #15
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11

I use film exclusively, and I've very happy with it. For me, nothing will replace the almost 3D effect of a slide on a light table. I won't consider changing to digital until film gets prohibitively expensive or full frame digital becomes affordable. Even then, in my heart, I'd still rather be shooting slides. I hope to be shooting slides for a long time to come.
elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #16
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1495882

I still use film (35 mm) and have several cameras. I don't shoot that much film because of the expense tied to it. I would be bankrupt to shoot the number of frames I normally shoot on a digi. My photo friend and i both use digitals to set up shots for landscapes, birds etc. Proof with the digital to get instant feedback, then shoot the desired result with film. I can have a 36 exp. roll developed and scanned in high resolution (over 6,000) and placed on a CD for $20. I have a scanner but can't begin to achieve the results that the labs $50,000. scanner produces. The more I use digital, the more I appreciate film.

Adolph Hitler
Sidebyte is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera »

Share this topic: